T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know i good paper for heat transfer. i want some type of paper the you
can't feel to much. i don't like the shirts that look like if a just posted a picture on the shirt. they are hard when you touch it
does any one have an idea.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
For light shirts, I prefer JetPro SoftStretch (JPSS). You can find alot of information here on the forums by searching for JPSS. It is sold by a couple sponosors her on the forum.

For darks, not quite there yet but Alpha Gold or JetWear Dark seem to be favorites until IronAll for darks gets their issues worked out.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hi Tay,

I agree with John, Jetprosofstretch is a great paper, it is stretchy, has a soft feel and is very colorfast. Like John said, it's for whites or light shirts.

For dark shirts, I do like Ironall Dark/everlast same thing. But it ran into some QC issues... not sure if those are fully solved, but if you watch the threads, there was supposed to be some good news on Ironall Dark coming out this past week.

JetWear and Alpha gold are the same paper and the next best fav for alot of forum members.

Check pricing and sign up for newletters with all the suppliers so you hear about the sales. they help save alot of $$.

Tshirtsupplies and new milford paper generally have great pricing on the JPSS (jetprosofstretch), and tshirtsupplies.com has jet wear at an excellent price, and new milford carries the ironall dark.

Just check your pricing before you buy... you can google the papers they are popular, more suppliers show up.. good luck to you....

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Clearsoft is another name for Ironall for lights.
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/inkjet-heat-transfer-paper/t59847.html#post355345

I used to use Ironall, but it has fade issues. If you search "ironall fade" you will find many threads from users reporting fade problems. I was one of them. I did find one shirt (tested over 12 of them, different brands, mixes of 100% cottons and 50/50 blends), and I found one that was colorfast with Ironall, that was the Jerzees HW 50/50 (29B).

Jetprosofstretch is colorfast with any of the shirt brands I've tried it with. The biggest difference now is not "does it fade?", but how noticable is the window, and does the tee shirt pill or suffer fibrilllation (tiny fibers that lift and give the shirt a prematurely faded appearance when it is not. Ironing down the shirt usually brings the vibrancy back, when you can do that, it's fibrillation and not fade.)

With JPSS, I am no longer limited to using one shirt like I was with Ironall. I enjoy the freedom, knowing I can be confident that the shirt does not fade when I use JPSS.

Not everyone gets fading with Ironall, I know I did found a way to use it successfully (with the Jerzees) - but more folks do get fading than don't. Also, with Ironall, the fade isn't *immediate* with every brand of tee shirt (although it sometimes fades on the first wash :eek: ). So anyone who tried JPSS might be happy to see their shirts can go on and on past many washes without fading.

Here are some pics of shirts done with JPSS, one shirt is pigment ink, the other Canon regular dye ink. The shirts are being bleached in the test.
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t47868.html

I always recommend getting sample packs, and testing with your own product combination to see what happens and what gives the results you are looking for. If you test products, it's easier to see *why* you use them. Some folks just go right for the JPSS and never look back.

Good luck to you all, no matter what anyone decides to use, and I hope this info gives some food for thought, and a variety of information to base choices on. Money will be spent, so make sure it's what you think you really want to spend on. I'm sitting on a stock of Ironall light I won't use for tee shirts. :rolleyes: Just trying to help someone avoid the same thing. :)

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
just curious. where did you find the name Ironall for the transfer paper?

Hi Ed,

I'm not sure I understand your question clearly, so I'm going to assume you are asking where did I find out that Clearsoft is related to the name Ironall. If you have a different question, please let me know.

Well, first, it's common knowledge on the forum because it's been posted repeatedly by respected forum members. I've seen this information in alot of posts.

Second, it's on the manufacturer's website:
Hyatt Innovative Solutions

I hope this helps answer what you wanted to know, and if you had a different question in mind, please let me know.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I am aware of the Hyatt site and the information they provide. I really wanted to know where the name 'Ironall' came from that many people seem to be familar with.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Oh, Ironall is the name it is sold under at New Milford Photo, and someone here who did testing on it a long while back, pretty much used the name quite often. Said he bought it as Ironall from NMP, and recommended it as such. From that, it seems it became familiarly known as that name. Through lots of posts that I read, when someone talks about that paper under one of it's other names, people always say (if they know it) "Oh, that is Ironall." Just like here.

Like all gelatin seems to be called Jello, I guess. It's what folks got to know the product as from exposure to the name. There are so many posts about Ironall, that if someone uses one of the *other* names, if we say Ironall, then folks know that all they've read about Ironall in posts applies to the Clearsoft Paper, or the Everlast Paper, or the Jetflex paper they are talking/asking/thinking about.

Sorry, I know it's probably not the good answer, but it's what I get from reading the boards. I hope that helps better answer what you were wondering - and it's just one girl's take on it. Lot's of folks read the boards, and they probably have their own thoughts. Have a nice rest of the weekend.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Oh, There are so many posts about Ironall, that if someone uses one of the *other* names, if we say Ironall, then folks know that all they've read about Ironall in posts applies to the Clearsoft Paper, or the Everlast Paper, or the Jetflex paper they are talking/asking/thinking about.
Yes Kelly........"rubbing hands together with an inquisitive grin on my face"...... But what is its REAL name and who makes it???????

I need to contact good ole' mike!!LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Yes Kelly........"rubbing hands together with an inquisitive grin on my face"...... But what is its REAL name and who makes it???????

I need to contact good ole' mike!!LOL!!!
LOLOL! Okay, you go Girl!! hahaa.. now I'm not sure if I answered Ed's question right again! haha.

Okay, Ed, if you were asking why we always call it Ironall around here, and say to everyone, "oh that's Ironall... " than are we all good, Ed?

Mrs. B, if you dig down and find out more on the nitty gritty regarding mfg and mfg given name, will you be the doll you are and post it in the Ironall Lights thread above? Muchas Gracias, Ma'am. :):):)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Oh, Ironall is the name it is sold under at New Milford Photo, and someone here who did testing on it a long while back, pretty much used the name quite often. Said he bought it as Ironall from NMP, and recommended it as such. From that, it seems it became familiarly known as that name. Through lots of posts that I read, when someone talks about that paper under one of it's other names, people always say (if they know it) "Oh, that is Ironall." Just like here.

Like all gelatin seems to be called Jello, I guess. It's what folks got to know the product as from exposure to the name. There are so many posts about Ironall, that if someone uses one of the *other* names, if we say Ironall, then folks know that all they've read about Ironall in posts applies to the Clearsoft Paper, or the Everlast Paper, or the Jetflex paper they are talking/asking/thinking about.

Sorry, I know it's probably not the good answer, but it's what I get from reading the boards. I hope that helps better answer what you were wondering - and it's just one girl's take on it. Lot's of folks read the boards, and they probably have their own thoughts. Have a nice rest of the weekend.
As John, the owner of New Milford called me "The King of Iron All" Because when he first started I became an advocate of the paper. He even sent me customers to me to help. Even with all it's problems. I made videos showing the use of it and helped many here on the use of the paper. Now I am an advocate of JetPro Softstetch. Iron all (Not Iron All for darks) is history as foar as I am concerned. Lou

·
Registered
15 Posts
does anyone know i good paper for heat transfer. i want some type of paper the you
can't feel to much. i don't like the shirts that look like if a just posted a picture on the shirt. they are hard when you touch it
does any one have an idea.

Neenah Image-Clip for laser printers. Simply the best for the lightest hand. You have plenty good advice in the threads for ink jet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.