T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We are planning to buy OKI white toner printer and for best results on garments I believe we have to use either Forever or Magictouch paper. Now each of them have their own RIP software.
My question do we really need the RIP software and which one to go for?

· Registered
4,871 Posts
Hi,
We are planning to buy OKI white toner printer and for best results on garments I believe we have to use either Forever or Magictouch paper. Now each of them have their own RIP software.
My question do we really need the RIP software and which one to go for?
There are other self weeding laser transfer for dark and for light. Besides the two brands you mentioned. Both are 2 step self weeding and easy to use. They are Imageclip Laser Dark and Imageclip Laser Light.

Imageclip laser light is durable, has softhand and vibrant. Laser transfer for dark will crack including Imageclip laser dark but not as bad as the other two brands you mentioned.

TransferRip supposedly takes care of cracking for Forever transfer but according to some members it's not so. According to DigitalHeatFX they don't use the rip because it pixelates the image. Trial version of Forever TransferRip is available. Try it before you buy it.

Click the link below then click Demo link under TransferRip heading and download. You must register to download the software.

FOREVER TransferRIP - FOREVER White Toner Transfer

According to PM from @BrunoMendez, Forever Laser Dark cracks even with TransferRip and Forever Laser light 1 step self weeding transfer is terrible. So I told him to try Imageclip products. I have been using Imageclip Laser Light since day 1 it came out and I have been very happy with it.

Send @BrunoMendez a PM and find out how he is coming along with Imageclip Laser transfers. Or if he resolved the Forever TransferRip and laser dark transfer issues.

I suggest before committing on TransferRip to search the forum for issues about the software. Also search the forum for issues with laser dark and light transfers.

Click the link below to start searching using laser transfer for dark or light brand name or TransferRip issues keywords . There are several threads regarding the topics.

T-Shirt Forums - Search Forums

Also buy sample quantity of the 3 brands of transfers. Test for durability. hand, quality and ease of using them. Press them on the shirts. Do wash test for durability before spending a lot of money that you may regret later.

Good luck. PM me if you need help or have other questions.

· Registered
34 Posts
There are other self weeding laser transfer for dark and for light. Besides the two brands you mentioned. Both are 2 step self weeding and easy to use. They are Imageclip Laser Dark and Imageclip Laser Light.

Imageclip laser light is durable, has softhand and vibrant. Laser transfer for dark will crack including Imageclip laser dark but not as bad as the other two brands you mentioned.

TransferRip supposedly takes care of cracking for Forever transfer but according to some members it's not so. According to DigitalHeatFX they don't use the rip because it pixelates the image. Trial version of Forever TransferRip is available. Try it before you buy it.

Click the link below then click Demo link under TransferRip heading and download. You must register to download the software.

FOREVER TransferRIP - FOREVER White Toner Transfer

According to PM from @BrunoMendez, Forever Laser Dark cracks even with TransferRip and Forever Laser light 1 step self weeding transfer is terrible. So I told him to try Imageclip products. I have been using Imageclip Laser Light since day 1 it came out and I have been very happy with it.

Send @BrunoMendez a PM and find out how he is coming along with Imageclip Laser transfers. Or if he resolved the Forever TransferRip and laser dark transfer issues.

I suggest before committing on TransferRip to search the forum for issues about the software. Also search the forum for issues with laser dark and light transfers.

Click the link below to start searching using laser transfer for dark or light brand name or TransferRip issues keywords . There are several threads regarding the topics.

T-Shirt Forums - Search Forums

Also buy sample quantity of the 3 brands of transfers. Test for durability. hand, quality and ease of using them. Press them on the shirts. Do wash test for durability before spending a lot of money that you may regret later.

Good luck. PM me if you need help or have other questions.
I got the RIP program for forever, from using the dark transfer paper.. it great in every shape.. it does crack a little even with the masking feature but it has a soft hand, and color looks good after wash.. (putting it in the drier cracks the image within first wash, by the third wash.. forget about it. it's horrible).

I wasn't successful on using the light transfer paper.. i followed every step, i tried to get some help from the company i purchased the paper from and they could not figure it out either. I am suppose to get a call from a forever rep soon so ill hopefully be able to fix that

I haven't received the image clip paper so i won't be able to comment on that, but i will surely post a new post when i do to let you know how i feel about that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.