T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked before but - if I print my text in red in a black box, then trim around the letters, will I still have a white background? Also can I cut it with scissors, or do I have to use an exacto knife? Last thing...I posted about pressing on fleece and didn't get any responses - anybody have any tips on that?
Thanks much!

Di

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Last thing...I posted about pressing on fleece and didn't get any responses - anybody have any tips on that?
Hi Di, you have to be patient (especially on weekends) :)

Not all the members who may have an answer to your post will view your post right away :D

Sorry if this has been asked before but - if I print my text in red in a black box, then trim around the letters, will I still have a white background?
You can transfer onto black using opaque transfers (lots of information if you do a forum search for opaque) or if you use plastisol transfers. Look for the :searchforum: button in the top right hand corner of the Heat Press section of the forum and you can find lots of info regarding transfers on dark garments.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I'll try again & you can delete this and the other post if you like.
No need to delete it, it just takes times for members to see your post :)

Although the post may show "views", it could be that the members that viewed it don't have an answer yet, but it's possible that someone will see it after trhe weekend and have a great answer for you.

Sorry I'm new to this and needed help, I did search but with the wrong term I guess
No need to be sorry at all :) That's what the forum is for, to help people and share information.

Like you said, sometimes you can search and not find answers because you may be calling it something different than others have used in their past topics :) That's why I wanted to point you to plastisol and opaque transfers, since I've seen those words used alot when talking about heat pressing on darks.

Maybe one of our other members who are more knowledgeable in the heat press field will have an answer about printing a black background with red text and just trimming around the transfers.

I think (not totally sure), that if you use opaque transfer paper, that you don't have to trim around each letter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts