T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
i need your help for the transfer method on opaque t-shirts (like black, etc), i looking for some solution but i can't find it, i need a transparent paper for this issue, because i want to print the design without background.
if someone known or find a solution for this example please let me known.
that's what i need:
THANKS !!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello Majburd,

To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as clear opaque transfer paper. The reason for it in the first place is so your image does not take on the color of the fabric. Inkejet/laser printers do not print white. This is why we imprint white fabric. To create a grahpic on color fabric we require a "false" white background. The only way I know that you can create the graphic shown (if I understand it correctly) is to use opaque transfer paper and try to match the t-shirt color as best you can. The graphics shown would work better if screen printed.

We have run into this problem many times, this is why we only imprint white.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
You could try plastisol transfers. You would have to order them, but they would do the job -- its basically like having someone screen print on to a piece of paper which you can then apply to a shirt with a heat press. However, since your design has 5 (potentially even 6) colors as it is now, it wouldn't be very cheap to go this route for a small order, so you'd probably want to drop the colors a bit if you choose to take this route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts