T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just got a couple of blank fleece skirts and am wondering what if any adjustments I need to make to put transfers on them. They are a very thin fleece, almost more like a cotton knit with a fuzzy back to it - or a very lightweight sweatshirt. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Di

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
dont play around much with digital transfers anymore but back then 50/50 light weight worked out good....du-no ??

as for the plastisol transfers around here apply the same as on t-shirts.

What type of transfers are they ?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
majkthreads said:
Do plastisol work on fleece or light fleece?
yes, and the fleece weight don't matter. But like RR said, when printing higher ticket items like fleece, jackets etc.... it is better and worth adding an extra screen layer of clear glue/adhesive to the plastisol transfers. This makes them more durable.

·
Registered
181 Posts
LucyRoberts said:
yes, and the fleece weight don't matter. But like RR said, when printing higher ticket items like fleece, jackets etc.... it is better and worth adding an extra screen layer of clear glue/adhesive to the plastisol transfers. This makes them more durable.

Just curious what the process of adding a clear glue layer or adhesive is?

Do you mean once you press it then add glue over the printing or design?

For some reason I just can't envision how this works.

I know my wife would love to do some fleece. I guess I thought if you pressed a regular piece of fleece that the fibers would kind of separate and give you a bad look to your design.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
hi Bryan,

when making plastisol transfers, the last layer that goes on after the colors is the clear adhesive. You pay a little more but its worth it.

all plastisol transfers should be done this way really... it holds the fine detail text and lines stuff together too...no crack.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've done both plastisol and inkjet tansfer on 8 and 9 oz. cotton and cotton poly sweats. I am assuming the surface you are transfering to is jersey knit, and the inside of the garment is fuzzy. I have never pressed to a fuzzy surface.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Ok if I haven't clogged the ole brain. For plastisol transfers you have to screen print those transfers yourself corect?

So far I'm only set up to do inkjet transfers with my 1280 epson.

My wife makes fleece blankets. We'd like to put transfers on them if possible. But I have no idea on the steps. I know platisol isn't the same as a inkjet transfer. It seems like I'm missing a step or some information.

I guess sometimes fleece is called microfiber but regular fleece that you can buy at hancock fabric stores. Or we thought about fleece jackets or pullovers.

I guess I'm curious what is the best transfer to use to adhere it to fleece. And I really hope this doesn't sound stupid but stitchshoppe said they've done both plastisol and inkjet transfers. Just curious how you do plastisol vs. inkjet. Well inkjet I've got down other than forgetting why my darker shirts the designs didn't show up very well. I wasn't using opaqu paper. :rolleyes:

Thank you to all who have responded.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks Rodney. For some reason I just got the impression that some were doing the plastisol at home or at business.

I would just love to be able to do fleece.

Man this place is great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts