T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend any transfer masking tape that works with jet pro opaque 3g?

TRied the yolo version and it would stick to the tape very easily at all.

Any suggestions would be great. Oh and im in the uk.

Thanks

· Registered
4,871 Posts
Can anyone recommend any transfer masking tape that works with jet pro opaque 3g?

Thanks
Have you tried pressing for 2 to 3 seconds. Peel it cold. Cover the image with parchment paper then finish pressing with the recommended press settings?

There is a branch of Stahls in the UK: https://www.targettransfers.com/index.php. Get sample of Magic Mask medium adhesive if they carry it before buying a roll. Otherwise, they carry this brand: Wide Format Print and Cut Super Mask for High Volume Garment Decoration | Target Transfers. Ask if it will work with 3g opaque.

Here is another place in UK:http://www.garmentfilms.co.uk/product/application-tape

· Registered
4,871 Posts
Mask meaning the backing or a tape? If it's a tape, he wouldn't need it using a teflon sheet.
Transfer mask.

Here is what he said:

"Can anyone recommend any transfer masking tape that works with jet pro opaque 3g?

Thanks"

Oops I misread it too. I think what he meant was that he is having problem getting the opaque to stick to the transfer mask and not getting stuck when pressed on the shirt as initial understood it. How would you interpret it?

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Transfer mask.

Here is what he said:

"Can anyone recommend any transfer masking tape that works with jet pro opaque 3g?

Thanks"

Oops I misread it too. I think what he meant was that he is having problem getting the opaque to stick to the transfer mask and not getting stuck when pressed on the shirt as initial understood it. How would you interpret it?
Sorry everyone allow me to clarify.

The transfer is pressing ok the problem i am having is transfering the design from the transfer paper backing to the masking tape before i even move over to the heat press.

· Registered
4,871 Posts
Sorry everyone allow me to clarify.

The transfer is pressing ok the problem i am having is transfering the design from the transfer paper backing to the masking tape before i even move over to the heat press.
There was a member whom had the same issue. He said that by putting the mask and opaque under hot upper platen but not touching will release the opaque from the backing much easier. Also squeegeeing it really well will make the adhesive of the mask firmly stick to the opaque.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There was a member whom had the same issue. He said that by putting the mask and opaque under hot upper platen but not touching will release the opaque from the backing much easier. Also squeegeeing it really well will make the adhesive of the mask firmly stick to the opaque.
I give it a try. Would that be transfer backing paper closer to the heat or transfer mask?

· Registered
4,871 Posts
I give it a try. Would that be transfer backing paper closer to the heat or transfer mask?
I can't remember. My guess is the opaque was closer to the platen. You can try either way then do what is best position that works. He claimed that when he saw the opaque starts to curl away from the backing then it was time to peel the transfer mask. Are you using tape or transparent mask?

How deep is your cutting knife or cutting force? The opaque will be difficult to lift from the backing when the cut is too deep into the backing. The knife should just barely scored the backing.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't remember. My guess is the opaque was closer to the platen. You can try either way then do what is best position that works. He claimed that when he saw the opaque starts to curl away from the backing then it was time to peel the transfer mask. Are you using tape or transparent mask?

How deep is your cutting knife or cutting force? The opaque will be difficult to lift from the backing when the cut is too deep into the backing. The knife should just barely scored the backing.
Yes its a very light score. Dosent touch the backing paper at all.
Im using the clear transparent mask.

· Registered
4,871 Posts
Guess so. He does say Mask like a Masking Tape. We use Heat tape which is more like vinyl in a sense.
That is what he is using clear mylar with adhesive of some sort. That is why I asked him if it was tape or clear mylar because he calls it masking tape. Some calls it tape some calls it mask. I call it mask because the one I use is called Magic Mask:D. It is made of mylar. Vinyl will melt just like the vinyl heat transfer.

· Registered
4,871 Posts

Thanks
Finally found the thread that the OP found the solution with masking 3g opaque. Check the thread below.

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/p961620-post11.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.