T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help. I have been using jetwear transfer papers and the problem that I am having is they seem to leave noticeable transfer lines, fuzziness around the images and slight yellowing. Is there a way to get rid of this? I’m looking into get new paper to see if that helps. I’ve tried changing the combination of temp and timing with no change. My main concern is when transferring text I don’t want to have to cut out each letter or I don’t want a BOX that’s noticeable around the text. Please help.

This is what I’m hoping for: I print using my canon ip4000 and transfer my image using my HT400 heat press and done. Maybe a little cutting, but more like trimming not cutting each letter or item. Finished product will have only the image visible on the t-shirt, no transfer lines or fuzziness from the transfer paper.

Thanks for any help

bT

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wish there was some help out there for you but that's what transfer paper is...a cut and apply technology that tends to leave fuzziness and yellowing around the image. Unless you wanna do sublimation or buy an optic eye cutter, there isn't much anyone can do.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I only had that nasty fuzziness and yellowing around image when I was using an epson printer/ink . . . I went back to my HP printer/ink . . and I'm happy happy happy once again . .
also, I use - QLT's "EZ PEEL" Ink Jet Transfer . . and have been satified with my finished products -- even used the EZ peel on mouse pads . . tiz a breeze . .

Diane *s*~

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Mmm, first post in a while...

Yes, you're going to want better transfer paper and potentially a different printer as well. The Transjet II/Magic Jet paper is pretty much the standard for quality. You still have to trim close to your image - but you will with ANY transfer paper for this method. Cut about 1/8 of an inch from the image all the way around and you're good to go.

As far as printers go, most people doing digital transfers are using Epson printers with pigmented inks (any Epson printer than can do the Durabrite inks will work). The reason for using pigmented inks over other, dye-based inks is that the pigmented inks will not bleed in the wash the first time like dye-based inks will, leaving you with a more professional product.

If you use the Epson Durabrite inks you'll want to adjust your color profiles to -15 Yellow, +5 Magenta, +5 Cyan (or something thereabouts). This will help prevent images from having that 'yellowed out' effect. You can also procure 3rd party inks such as the 'Magic Mix' inks which work even better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts