T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever transferred a black and white photo onto a white t using opaque paper? What were the results?...I know most companies use a halftone screenprinted but Im interested in trying this method:)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Why use opaque paper? I print B&W using JPSS on white. Need to print in B&W from your printer.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Opaque paper will add a heavy hand (feel) on a white tee, as Chuck points out. You're better off using JPSS for a minimal hand.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Any opaque paper is made for dark garments. It has a heavy (plastic) hand and has to be trimmed. If you are going to put an image on white or light gray shirts, you should use the JPSS for lights. Just hand trim close and your good. Very light feel and I find that it improves with washings. On lights, no need for opaque paper

Reactions: Paulie73

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Chuck.. would the white transfer paper be recognisable at all on the t? Would the white go off colour from the t white when pressing?
cheers

·
Registered
996 Posts
The shirt may discolor a little from the backing paper that you don't trim but it will go with the first wash. The shirt will be fine unless your heat is too high. You can scorch the shirt with too much heat. Will you be using a press or hand iron?

Reactions: Paulie73
1 - 8 of 8 Posts