T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a slightly used heat press and a printer(epson T10..pigment ink) ( (transfers papers was also included)...I tried printing on a light transfer paper and was succesfully on printing it. When applied onto the shirt it was ok. But after the first wash the image pinted cracked and pealed off., This is my first time to print and wanted to open a tshirt business.. Im not sure if im printing on the right side or correct paper.
The light transfer does not have an indication where to print...Is it on the glossy side to print or on the rough side....I put the heat press to 165 celcius and press the shirt for 25 seconds...

Im not sure what im doing wrong...need your help badly guys....this is my dream to have a tshirt business....

Thank you....:D

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Take your paper and put a sheet to your lips. The print side usually will give a tacky sensation. What you can do is print a different design on each side and use that now junk shirt and print both designs. Now make sure you mark which side you put which design on (shiny vs rough). There is the possibility that your paper is too old, or got into too much humidity. Speaking of which, make sure you pre-press the shirts for 10 seconds BEFORE pressing the paper on them. That rids the shirt of extra moisture that interferes with the design sticking to the fabric.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response

i guess your correct. Because the paper i had with unit was kinda old and cracked when i applied to a tshirt. What light and dark quality transfer paper(brands) do you recommend i used for my shirts. Im currently using pigment ink. would you also recommend that kind of ink to use. My stuff has been sitting for a month now and still has not been succesfull on printing quality shirts. Again thank you for responding...appreciate it much....

:)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I don't do heat pressing on dark shirts with inkjet transfers. I will do screen printing, foil, vinyl, or rhinestones on darks. The JPSS works well on lights. I prefer sublimation but then that's just what I started with. It is a very expensive setup though and you can only sublimate on white or very light pastels. My problem with transfers has always been lining the print up so that it doesn't print crooked! The pic I'm including is a prime example. These were vinyl transfers I did for my granddaughter and I swear it was straight when it pressed it, but when she put them on the print looks like it curves around her leg! Talk about cock-eyed! I like screen printing better. You have a platen to dress the shirt onto and can line things up correctly.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use Epson wide format printers using dye inks for printing digital transfers. I use Coastal brand 11x17 paper for light color clothing ...in my own opinion, thats the way to go if you want good quality thats affordable and easy to get started.

Coastal InkJet Heat Transfer Paper - 11" x 17" (50 sheets)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.