T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering signing up for a screen printing training class and considering either the Ryonet class in NY or Vastex in PA.

Does anyone have comments on the of these? Have you attended either, what was your experience?

· Registered
30 Posts
I went to the class in NY... only the first day. I was kinda pissed that I payed $175, but a week before the class it was 'on sale' for $99 and then learned that MANY PEOPLE GOT IN FREE!

If you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING then go. But you will get more info watching youtube videos. REALLY. Other than actually DOING the task (there were 30 or so people in my class) there was not much to 'learn'.

You get to put emulsion on a screen, WATCH SOMEONE wash it out, WATCH SOMEONE burn a screen, and then you get to make a single color print on a t-shirt and put it on the dryer.

At the end the did say that they were going to have equipment discounts available... but I didn't stay.

They people giving the class were very knowledgeable and had a lot of insight into the business side. They didn't push Ryonet stuff.. they recommended the best stuff. Sometimes it was another brand.

If you go for the full 3 days wait till the week before (when the price will drop IN HALF) or even call the NY office and ask to attend free.

I have litho and screen print experience... but wanted to see what what 'new'. Turned out its still the same old same old.

· Registered
924 Posts
Paul-

Sorry you didn't like our class. The Thursday class is a beginners class. We try to focus on the very basics. Days Friday and Saturday go more into the intermediate printing and new special effects. If you would like to attend those days I think they are more what you are looking for let me know.

· Registered
72 Posts
If you are looking into our 3-day class here at Vastex, you will get a lot out of it whether you are new to screen printing or a little more advanced. We fly in Doug Grigar, who is a master screen printer with 25 years experience, teach the class. We do this because we want somebody outside the company so it doesn't turn into a 3 day sales pitch. We just supply the location and equipment.
The great thing about our class is that it is very intensive but there will be hands on during every step of the process from coating and exposing screens to setting up the job, printing and cleaning up. Doug will show the class how to do it and them step aside for the students to do it. You also get an opportunity to print a 4 color process and simulated process job. Even after the class, Doug becomes a great resource for you going forward. If you have any questions, feel free to email us at sales[USER=157921]@vastex[/USER].com.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.