T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I would love to see examples of work by anyone who uses traditional screen printing along with hand-painted stuff (directly on the shirt) for their designs. Any info on technique would also be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Cinbad

·
Registered
118 Posts
There is screenprinting on Tie dyed shirts as a background.

Tie-dye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Otherwise hand-painting on shirts along with screenprinting makes no sense since screenprinting can print any type of artwork including using special paints for different textures and effects.

Hand-painted shirts would be sold with that as a selling point for people interested in it.
Just as shirts airbrushed by hand are sold as airbrushed shirts... not as silkscreened shirts with airbrushing on it.

You would be putting in twice the amount of work per shirt and it won't even look better than shirts using one method, it'll just be more expensive & time consuming to produce each one.

Maybe a famous artist can hand-paint his signature on silkscreened shirts as a limited edition but obviously not practical to print hundreds of shirts that way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm gathering info on the best way to create the effects I want. I'll keep this in mind...

Cinbad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey... I've starting my clothing co called "LOPIRE" which is an acronym meaning :Living Out Perspectives In Reality Everyday. Initially it was just hand painted shirts and while i will continue to include my 1-of-my-kind shirts... I'm starting to incorporate more silk screening (that i actually do myself as well)

u can view my work @ http://www.lopiresite.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts