T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Recently went online and put in for a trademark for my logo (custom t-shirts). Not sure I did it correctly hopefully I did cuz it cost like $700.00. It said it was accepted and I would hear back in about 6 months. Since then I've made some slight changes to the logo. Do I need to send in some sort of addendum or modified version? If so, what do I do?
Thanks,
MaryAnn

·
Registered
414 Posts
What site did you register it on? Check their FAQ section for answerers to your trademark questions, some sites may be different.

·
Registered
414 Posts
700 bucks sounds a bit much if you did it at the uspto site. when i registered mine it ws only $275.00
Did you have different classes for your trademark or just the garments?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
I am so new at this I have no idea what I did or if I did it correctly. I'm hoping so. I submit the logo correctly and filled out pages of applications. Then they charged me and sent a verification email that said they had accepted it and would be back with a response within 7 months. Does that sound off???

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi,
I am so new at this I have no idea what I did or if I did it correctly. I'm hoping so. I submit the logo correctly and filled out pages of applications. Then they charged me and sent a verification email that said they had accepted it and would be back with a response within 7 months. Does that sound off???
No sounds right - especially if you want multiple areas to apply T-Shirts Jewerley etc - but if you did not check for conflcts most likely there will be something.

I would get the NOLO book on Trademarks and read it before trying again with Legal Zoom

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I would get the NOLO book on Trademarks and read it before trying again with Legal Zoom
I wouldn't just assume failure in advance :) But reading up to know what you're in for is always a good idea.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I wouldn't just assume failure in advance :) But reading up to know what you're in for is always a good idea.

Yes you are also given the chance to modify what you send in to avoid any conflicts so probably can get it approved with changes or maybe you can get lucky - just there are sooo many out there already - good luck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Jon,

I have a name that I want to protect but I don't have a logo that I know for sure I want to use with it. Do I want to trademark just to protect the name?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts