T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m think about going to Impression Expo.

Has anyone attended a t-shirt and design trade show? What are your thoughts?

I’m new to the t-shirt industry though I’ve been planning my business in my head for years. I finally have the finances to get this started and am looking for ways to learn. Do you think a trade show would help?

·
Administrator
14,735 Posts
Yes, it's a must. Having every conceivable wholesaler and supplier under 1 roof will make your buying decisions that much easier. You'll find can't-do-without suppliers you would have never known existed. And if you're in the market for big-ticket equipment, the sales on showroom demos are hard to pass up.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I've only been to one and I wasn't ready to make the leap yet. But the Stahls folks offered me a pretty nice deal on the heat press package they were using for the event. I just wasn't quite ready at the time. I think a lot of the vendors there would prefer to give a substantial discount on the equipment there at the show instead of packing it up and bringing it home.

Also, you can see lots of vendors' products/equipment being made/used in real time and get a great idea of the quality of their product. There will also likely be seminars/classes that you can attend. There will be lots of folks in your industry to network with.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
ISS and SGIA are probably where you want to go even if you only do the Expo. We spent 1 year researching, 1 year outsourceing before we ever went to a show though. We wrote a business plan, marketing plan and a financial plan before we did anything. It take work. The Expo should be free. If you want the training then that is fine too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts