T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, let me start off first by saying I'm totally NEW at this. I'm thinking of starting up my own t-shirt company, and i've heard that getting into trade shows is the best way to go as far as getting your brand out there. I hope you guys can give me some useful information.
  1. How can I prep myself before I actually exhibit at a show? Like what type of questions should I expect to get from potential buyers. And what type of questions should I make sure to ask them also?
  2. What do buyers expect to see from me? What don't they want to see?
  3. What is the tradeshow etiquette?
  4. And lets say I'm lucky enough to get a buyer, what are the terms of conditions?
  5. And last do the buyers pay for shipping the product of does that fall on me?
If i've left anything out, PLEASE give me all the information you can.

Thanks everyone for taking the time for looking at my post? Very much appreciated!

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Hi Cyrus, while you're waiting for answers to be posted in this thread, remember that all the past discussions on this forum are archived, so you can use the search box at the top of the page and find past discussions where those questions have been answered before.

This should be a good start for your research: tradeshow related topics at T-Shirt Forums

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
Thanks guys for your responses. But could you just let me know of some basic questions that buyers will asking, that could give me an idea of what to expect. Thanx!
You can find those answers in past threads. That way you don't miss out on any answers and good info from people who might miss this thread.

Here's a good place to start: retailers related topics at T-Shirt Forums

Maybe someone will also be able to answer in this thread as well if they come across it.

· Premium Member
51,818 Posts
I tried the other threads, but they didn't have the information I had in mind
Hi Cyrus, what I'm saying is that the information you ask is definitely there, but it may take some searching to find it.

I know, because I've read the answers posted here before :)

The only reason why I suggest that you keep looking is that sometimes people come to the site and post some really great information, but they may not return or be around to repost that information or the people with the great answers to your question may not see your topic. By looking through the past threads, you can take advantage of the expertise that has already been shared.

Sometimes you can't find the info in the first few threads and it may take some digging, different keywords, etc. I just wanted to assure you that the information is out there :)

Hopefully someone with the answers you need will see this thread as well to add answers right here in this thread. Sorry I don't have better answers for you.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First and foremost, before anything, go to a tradeshow that caters to your market and see for your self. Also just talk to people there and you will pick up some tips
Thanks for your reply. I actually have been to a few trade shows. I just went to the ASI, and Agenda trade shows in San Diego last month. I didn't get the kind of useful information that I was hoping for. Thanks again Shersher! Good Luck!

· Registered
8,073 Posts
I am not familiar with the Agenda Shows...but I am an ASI member ...ASI is a promotional products oriented show and very little if any is aimed at the garment decoration arena. I would suggest either the NMB shows or the ISS shows..ISS is much larger...and you will get a better view.

For what is is worth, a manufacturer and I ..along with two more...looked into getting a booth at ISS Long Beach in Jan 2008 and after meeting all the convention center requirements. along with the fee to ISS, our cost going in was at least10K...more if we wanted an end aisle booth. and if anyone buys at the show, the buyer will pay shipping and tax if applicable

Not sure if that is part of your question or not

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Charles, Thanks for letting me in on the shipping costs. I wasn't sure who would be responsible for shipping costs. Please...if you have any more good information about what exactly goes on at the trade shows, and what to expect as an exhibitor please let me know...even if its the smallest detail. All info. is much appreciated. Thank you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.