T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Toyota Expert AD-860 and have been trying to get it to stop breaking the thread. This machine had only 2M stitches on it when I picked it up. It seems to work at a very slow speed but when you speed it up, it breaks the thread. I am running it at mid speed with Floriani thread and stabilizer. I did not get a manual so I might have something set wrong. Please any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can download the manual at Data Stitch, Inc. - suppliers of embroidery machines, supplies and software for personal and commercial users.
go to the download section. Also, if you still need it...email me at [email protected]
and I'll email you the pdf files.

I don't run my AD860 past half speed...too many thread breaks. I saw on another group that you can't on some designs (to dense or complex).

One person had bought a new SWF machine because the dealer told them they would be able to run their main design (huge, repeating order) at full speed...it wouldn't work past what their little Brother would do. Guessing it's the same for our machines.

I just bought a Toyota Expert AD-860 and have been trying to get it to stop breaking the thread. This machine had only 2M stitches on it when I picked it up. It seems to work at a very slow speed but when you speed it up, it breaks the thread. I am running it at mid speed with Floriani thread and stabilizer. I did not get a manual so I might have something set wrong. Please any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
You can download the manual at Data Stitch, Inc. - suppliers of embroidery machines, supplies and software for personal and commercial users.
go to the download section. Also, if you still need it...email me at [email protected]
and I'll email you the pdf files.

I don't run my AD860 past half speed...too many thread breaks. I saw on another group that you can't on some designs (to dense or complex).

One person had bought a new SWF machine because the dealer told them they would be able to run their main design (huge, repeating order) at full speed...it wouldn't work past what their little Brother would do. Guessing it's the same for our machines.
This thread is 3 years old. Hopefully they have resolved their problems by now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have your manual? Are you sure it's threaded correctly? Floriani thread is picky. You want to run it a bit loose. Same for the bobbin...run it a bit loose. I hold the bobbin case (with the bobbin inserted on the palm of one hand, and when I pull on the thread coming off the bobbin case, the case will lift off my hand and as I raise it, it will slowly drop back onto my palm. May have to gently wiggle the thread...but for me, I like it to where it barely comes off my hand and goes back down slowly.

I then do a test stitch...and if the bobbin thread shows on top & or the top thread breaks...I loosen the top tension 1/4 turn and try again (note that once I have the bobbin tension set, I don't change it...all adjustments are done on the upper threads).

I run the upper a bit looser than most..when I pull on the thread coming out of the needle...the needle will start to flex/bend, but then the thread will pull out with some tension, but not break...pull straight to the back. Make sure the upper is threaded properly, and the thread is not hanging somewhere.

There is a Toyota Group on Yahoo:
< https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/toyotaEMB/info > Lots of help there on tension, threading and using the machines. They have the manuals for downloading, and a free test design.
Marge Campbell

Hi i have just bought a Toyota expert ad850 and am having constant thread breaks, are there any tips as i am new to the embroidery world. Thank you

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi am having problems with the needle thread take-up that's why it has been breaking threads. The needle thread take-up fails to pick up the threading tube but starts embroidering, but if i manually place the tube on the take-up it sews fine but when it comes to changing needles there is a needle change error. Any ideas of resolving the problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.