T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure these questions have been asked, but I can't seem to find answers. I have a vinyl cutter and have been doing vinyl for about 3 years now. I want to get into creating screen printed t-shirts with the use of my cutter. I have read and watched videos on using the vinyl cutter to create designs on screens. The only thing that I think I am confused about is the different types of screens and inks to use. Do I need to use different screens for different inks in the sense of a 56 compared to a 200. What do I need to know about screens and inks? I think I am going to start out with just black and white ink. What is a good brand/price for ink and screens? Thanks for the help and I'm sorry if this has been answered 30,000 times. Anything else I should know? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
There are about 1001 questions you will come up with as you go along. I've never seen those videos so I have no idea how to make a screen using vinyl.
Screen mesh depends first on the type of ink you are using. Higher mesh count for water based ink. For plastisol ink, the higher the mesh count, the more detail it will hold; lower mesh count, thicker layer of ink. Each job is different which is the point that makes screen printing so challenging and rewarding. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts