T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a little bit about me. I have been involved with Embroidery, vinyl and transfers up to this point. My business is mostly run out of my house. I have been toying with the idea of DTG, but I know NOTHING about it. Can it be done out of one room in my house? I read some stuff about Wagner paint guns and pretreatment (?) that made me hesitant about the process?? So how exactly does it work from beginning to end? Would you do it in a spare bedroom of your house or is it too involved?

·
Registered
348 Posts
You should pretreat your shirt in a room different from where you have your printer and inks. That room should be ventilated but not windy. A garage with the door open would be ideal or a spare room with a big window. Once pretreated, you can store your t-shirts for days or even weeks.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Pretreatment is only a requirement with white ink. If you choose to do light colored shirts only the process is pretty straightforward.

Either way you will need a computer to run the DTG machine, graphic programs like Photoshop or Illustrator, and a heatpress to cure the shirts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts