T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been trying to find a decent heat press for around $700 or less, but a lot of what I'm finding is Chinese imports of dubious quality.

I've found a few promising providers, but of questionable legitimacy/support.

Does anyone have experience with:

-Middle Printing Equipment
-BDF Graphics
-Focus Binding Equipment Supplies
-ASC365
-OceanPrinter

Are any of them decent? They all look of varying levels of legitimacy, but I've seen very legitimate B2B companies with scammy looking sites, and vice versa >_<

For any specific recommendations you have, I need something that will work on a 15amp circuit.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
you can hit up joto and get a demo 15"x15" auto-open for $595
these are re-branded secabo's (a german line sold in europe, but manufactured in china to their standards)
they have an office in mississauga and the best htv as well (joto premium)

barring that i would talk to benjamin at bdf, i've had good dealings with him

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am also looking for a decent heat press...Could you please share the links where you found them. I have been searching but only finding those chinse cheap ones...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I ended up going with the cheapest Chinese one on Amazon (w decent reviews) because my wiring is the lowest modern amperage possible and covers most of the apartment - and a 20% restock fee is nasty when the response about running them with other things on the circuit was a "not recommended (and many were definitely over the wiring's capabilities)"

and because I am looking for a house right now so the wiring situation will hopefully change and I can get a better press.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BDF has a 15x15" clam with a slide-drawer for $610. no swings

Middle has a 15x15" clam w slide-drawer for ~400, 16x20 for ~500, 16x24 for 530. Cheaper if you don't want a slide-out. Again no swings. :/

I believe people were saying they're decent companies elsewhere, but don't trust my word on it I might be mixing things up. XD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cheap Heat Presses are Hit or Miss, in terms of reliability and consistency, and fire hazard :D
buy a Geo Knight, Hotronix or Jotto something that is backed up with a warranty. Or finance one if you dont have the cash right away.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah, the warranties aren't worth much when they explicitly say they don't cover out of the US.

So unless you can point us to sources in Canada, as asked, your statement really is rather pointless. Especially since "cheap" is subjective.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was referring the 200-500CAD range as cheap and hit or miss that are mostly sold on amazon and ebay.
You can get one and love it forever, or start banging your head immediately.

Maybe HPN presses are an option for you as well, but have to bear the shipping cost as they sell direct.

The thing is I do DTG and need consistency and good threadability and hover . For the brand mentioned above the warranty is applicable in Canada. Can't be otherwise as in Canada they sell via distributors and by law you need to back up you products with a waranty. If a problem arises it will be worked out, as most of them are modular. If you decide to return it, just because you don't like it ... it doesnt work like amazon :D
How do I know all this ? dont ask me :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
BDF has a 15x15" clam with a slide-drawer for $610. no swings

Middle has a 15x15" clam w slide-drawer for ~400, 16x20 for ~500, 16x24 for 530. Cheaper if you don't want a slide-out. Again no swings. :/

I believe people were saying they're decent companies elsewhere, but don't trust my word on it I might be mixing things up. XD
Ah thanks, Ill take a look at it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cheap Heat Presses are Hit or Miss, in terms of reliability and consistency, and fire hazard :D
buy a Geo Knight, Hotronix or Jotto something that is backed up with a warranty. Or finance one if you dont have the cash right away.
You right. I believe its like everything. You get what you pay for...I'll definitely have a look on the Geo Knight.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I guess in the 600-700Cad, new. I am just anxious that with one from Amazon, it will fall appart in the short term...unless recommandation?
sorry i am late to reply, no internet for a few days

phone joto and see if they have any demo presses available at this time,
the 15x15 demos are usually $595

i would not recommend middle graphics, the owner at bdf (wayne) is a nice guy,
you can ask him any questions

keep an eye on kijiji (very painful as 90% are business listings)
i'll check later and see if i can find you anything decent there)

·
Registered
19 Posts
sorry i am late to reply, no internet for a few days

phone joto and see if they have any demo presses available at this time,
the 15x15 demos are usually $595

i would not recommend middle graphics, the owner at bdf (wayne) is a nice guy,
you can ask him any questions

keep an eye on kijiji (very painful as 90% are business listings)
i'll check later and see if i can find you anything decent there)

Sorry I found joto but it is based in the US right?
I'd like to find a local retailer to avoid the export tax i mean if its possible as it will significantly increase the bill, right?

·
Registered
19 Posts
the 15x15 is a pretty generic chinese, cheaper elsewhere

the 15x18 is interesting, but that price is pushing it (here is a geo knight for $800 obo)
Thank you, much appreciated!

Well, i made some research and find this website:

https://www.flexheattransfervinyl.ca

They have 2 types of press:
https://www.flexheattransfervinyl.ca/digital-heat-press-machine-flex-heat

https://www.flexheattransfervinyl.ca/heat-press-machine-hotronix-maxx

I was thinking that if I have to invest, well then I should just do it.

One is at 605$ and the other, an Hotronix at 1350$. I am revising my budget (even though its a pain!) but maybe you would have any opinion on those 2?

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Thank you, much appreciated!

Well, i made some research and find this website:

https://www.flexheattransfervinyl.ca

They have 2 types of press:
https://www.flexheattransfervinyl.ca/digital-heat-press-machine-flex-heat

https://www.flexheattransfervinyl.ca/heat-press-machine-hotronix-maxx

I was thinking that if I have to invest, well then I should just do it.

One is at 605$ and the other, an Hotronix at 1350$. I am revising my budget (even though its a pain!) but maybe you would have any opinion on those 2?
neil at flex heat is a great guy (i used him for vinyl for years, he carries a very good south korean htv)

the one for $605 is the same as siser/zuma, which sells for $650-$700cdn at other places

the hottronix is ok
but for that kind of money, i would be all over the used geo knight
(even the siser at $605, i would offer $650 on the geo knight and see what happens)

·
Registered
19 Posts
neil at flex heat is a great guy (i used him for vinyl for years, he carries a very good south korean htv)

the one for $605 is the same as siser/zuma, which sells for $650-$700cdn at other places

the hottronix is ok
but for that kind of money, i would be all over the used geo knight
(even the siser at $605, i would offer $650 on the geo knight and see what happens)
Ah nice I talked to Neil, very nice guy!

Thats I what noticed with the one he has and the siser, it looked pretty much the same!

Im very interested in the Geo but I live in Quebec so shippng there might be an issue (price wise), anyways, I could check with the seller.

One last question, actually two (!), what do you think about the GCC LX plotter (and contour) and you said you were buying Neil's HTV but not anymore...?

Thank you again for your feedback, I have been scratching my head :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts