T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a decent handle on regular plastisol inks and up to 4 colors :0)

My question is pertaining to the following photos and it is using the Wiflex Top score ink. I went about the job as normal not thinking there was a different outcome using these inks. Well the ink seemed globby thick and orange peely once applied-- it was tough to flood the screen also. My off contact was 2 nickles high (1/8") the pictures are on 60 poly/40 cotton and is a sweatshirt for trials. the screens seems to hang on the garmet sometimes and clogged the screen-- is this as simple as thinning? and can someone link me to the proper thinner?

thannk you greatly,
Markus

Attachments

· Registered
157 Posts
did I miss part of the explanation? -- 85 views with pics and no advice? lol
By what you are describing seems your off contact is high. Drop your off contact, also the temp of the environment you are printing plays a part ink the behavior of inks. Work your ink up, drop your contact and proper pressure and squeegee angle should resolve this issue. Pre-heating your platens may also help the workflow of your ink.

My personal opinion is that QCM inks are way much nicer to print with.

Note: A little patience will take you a long way and possible more members would not hesitate to help another member out. The forum is free and members here volunteer to share information as well as time. Of the 85 views it is possible that no one knew how to assist. The forum is a great place for all printers of the printing industry and I hope the information I have provided is a help to you.

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes thank you for the response and your opinion. I didn't think I was being impatient, I thought I was checking to see if I may have not included some info that may be needed to help. Thanks for the thought...I am well aware of what this forum is and its price. It's about help and learning, trying to help out a fellow printer whom may in turn may help someone else someday.

You could have just answered or moved along as to belittling someone while doing it. Have a great day thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.