T-Shirt Forums banner

Top 5 lazy design mistakes...

11K views 54 replies 16 participants last post by  Solmu 
One other point on the "text only" discussion: a lot of it has to do with what the market wants. I have designed shirts that I love and a couple of text only in the Wendy font. My market wants simple and clean . . . and sometimes that means text only.

If you want to sell, you have to keep your market in mind.

Alicia

Hi Veggie,

I'm veggie too, btw! Maybe I'm totally paranoid, but I found a tiny niche market that doesn't have any tees for their population -- and because you all are so industrious, I'd hate to lose my market! So I keep quiet.

But please note that some of my tees are designed and some just don't need it to sell. I'm not a graphic designer so if I can come up with a great tee, great font, great saying: then I've saved money if I don't involve the designer.

This all really depends on the market and their motivation for buying/wearing a shirt. In my case, the market likes to show off their pride in a particular thing they have.

I hope this makes sense.

Alicia

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.