T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I feel the last thing you would want to do is take the potential customer away from your site and by placing ads to other competing sites is one way to do that. If you had links to other sites that you were affiliated with then I could understand as that would be a win win but if by going to edhardy.com and buying a shirt how is that helping you?
The general idea is to keep them on your site so they can buy from you.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I agree with Katrina.

It's not that it's too many ads, it's that they are ads to competing brands. It's a constant reminder that a customer can spend their money on a more known, reputable brand than your startup brand. I doubt that Christian Audigier and Playboy have links to your site, so it just comes off as a desperate attempt to make a few bucks.

It also doesn't look too good on your wholesale page. You want retailers to invest in your brand, meanwhile you are showcasing other brands right on your own site. I also would imagine retailers want better wholesale pricing than $10 off the retail. Most retailers will at least want to double the wholesale price.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Ads = BAD. I actually clicked on an ad, thinking it was a part of your site, and got sent to an Ed Hardy site. Confusing to say the least..

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
seriously.... CURLZ and Blackadder?

You want to convince a visitor that you have some sense of style, but I think that your fonts are missing the mark.

There is no reason to have ads on a commercial site that you use to sell an ecommerce product. An ad's job it to attract your visitors attention and lure them away from your site so they buy something somewhere else! You do not want that! Ads are fine for a traffic generating site such as a blog or forum, but not an ecommerce site.

One other thing...

The photography of your products is horrible. The photoshopping is worse. A picture says a thousand words, but a BAD picture says them with alot of cussing. A picture that makes your product look BAD is worse than none at all.

And the last thing/

Is your product art & design... or a shirt made using the slowest, most expensive, inconsistent process possible?

Rather than hand paint your art onto individual shirts think about doing it the way Picasso or Worhol would do it...
1. Create original artwork. Price it HIGH
2. Create prints of artwork (lithography, screened, whatever) Price it MEDIUM
3. Screenprint the designs on the shirts (lower mfg costs, more consistent) Before you flash hit them with a couple brush marks for the "hand made" look. you can sell them for $15 and make more money than you make now selling for $30. PRICE it LOW...
4. Add some sublimated product to complement... a coffee mug, mousepad, tile murals, etc...

Try selling ART that happens to be on a shirt (and a mug, poster, canvas, etc...)

If someone likes your art they will buy it on MANY things...

·
Registered
169 Posts
seriously.... CURLZ and Blackadder?

You want to convince a visitor that you have some sense of style, but I think that your fonts are missing the mark.

There is no reason to have ads on a commercial site that you use to sell an ecommerce product. An ad's job it to attract your visitors attention and lure them away from your site so they buy something somewhere else! You do not want that! Ads are fine for a traffic generating site such as a blog or forum, but not an ecommerce site.

One other thing...

The photography of your products is horrible. The photoshopping is worse. A picture says a thousand words, but a BAD picture says them with alot of cussing. A picture that makes your product look BAD is worse than none at all.

And the last thing/

Is your product art & design... or a shirt made using the slowest, most expensive, inconsistent process possible?

Rather than hand paint your art onto individual shirts think about doing it the way Picasso or Worhol would do it...
1. Create original artwork. Price it HIGH
2. Create prints of artwork (lithography, screened, whatever) Price it MEDIUM
3. Screenprint the designs on the shirts (lower mfg costs, more consistent) Before you flash hit them with a couple brush marks for the "hand made" look. you can sell them for $15 and make more money than you make now selling for $30. PRICE it LOW...
4. Add some sublimated product to complement... a coffee mug, mousepad, tile murals, etc...

Try selling ART that happens to be on a shirt (and a mug, poster, canvas, etc...)

If someone likes your art they will buy it on MANY things...

I second that motion.... but maybe a little nicer. haha

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone!! I am definitely removing those ads now!!! It wakes sense...

Glenn: You always give me harsh criticism, so thanks! i really need that because i am a beginner in all this, including photoshop. I digitally print all the t-shirts with inkjet, i only hand paint the original, so if that wasn't clear in my site i should be updating it... anyways i scanned all those t-shirts, they aren't photographs... and at this point i have to do more research of how to make it better because i really don't know, i should probably look in photoshop for dummies :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I did not know I have given you any criticism before, sorry! I do not mean to be mean at all. Sometimes medicine tastes bad.

Glad to hear that you are not hand painting them. There may be a market bias (right or wrong) that an inkjet transfer shirt is inferior to a DTG or screened one. DTG would be a great process for these designs.

I think emphasizing ART will help you command a more premium price. Downplay heat pressed and up play ART/Design.

People buy the ARTIST then they buy the ART. They want to bond and make a connection with you. Show them what they want... a blog, current projects , portfolio of other works, biography, etc... Then you can sell them a little piece of your soul (the shirt) for only $xx!!! Tell them WHAT the design meant to you as an artist when you were creating it... how it makes you feel, what was your inspiration.

If none of that works try adding a puppy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's true Frankie, I am an artist. My major is actually oil painting on canvas, but it's always good to try new things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts