T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any feedback on these manual one steps vs the dunk tank way? There are so many options but I want to try one that combines multiple steps. I'm looking at the mondo stuff at goodearthsupplies or the Easyway or now I see Ryonet has one too? they all seem better than so many steps.

· Registered
4 Posts
Juanita,
There are many great reclaiming options out there. What we tell people is to make sure you as the consumer are educated. On both manual one steps and dip tank solutions you want to be aware of:
the shelf life-if any,
the concentration it mixes at-if it is going into a dip tank,
any hazards-that will increase your shipping costs,
read the MSDS and understand what is in these products-some are much safer than others,
if you need to buy an additional product to neutralize-some you do, some you don't.

Good luck!

· Registered
75 Posts
We used a dip tank for about a year with mixed results. Once we found a tank chemical we liked (they are not all created equal) it worked just fine. The main down side was that our screen cleaners are usually "the new guy" and they had a tendency to let the screens rub and bang together going in and out of the tank.This resulted in damaged and ripped screens that had to be replaced.Now we use a one step reclaimer/ink degradent and follow with a dawn/water mix. Each shop is a little different, sometimes it takes a little trial and error to find what best suits your needs.

· Registered
81 Posts
I use the Easiway system and love it. Saves me a ton of time and reduces the "suck" level of reclaiming screens. Screens with white ink I'll still remove and wash all the ink out first though. Not totally necessary but helps reduce the messiness factor of cleaning up the white ink.

· Registered
1,387 Posts
We're right there with Stitrches. Franmar and the CCI enviro products. Not enough time in the day to NOT use a dip tank.

Card, dip, wash. Dehaze if needed, degrease. Shelf.

We degrease before using again to pull any surface contaminents off.

Makes being a noobe almost seem like we know what we're doing.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.