T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a t-jet 2 for 2 years and I have had many headaches.. I think I am becoming a tech though with as many problems I have had. Some days it runs well, some days not at all. I find it completely unreliable. Printing white is on the most part an nightmare. Everytime I have a problem, all of a sudden there is a new variable to keeping this machine running. And ink is incredibly expensive. How can these things pay off and where can I get cheaper ink? I feel kind of bad because my "guy" is always there for me. But I always need him. I live in Canada and apparently that is also a problem
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I just want to earn some money.

· Registered
1,614 Posts
Monique...

I share your frustration and wish I could offer some suggestions..

I too own a T Jet 2 and LOVE IT...when it behaves...LOL. Like you said, there are days when it runs great and then...for some unexplained reason...it starts acting up. It always seems to be random and very heard to understand at times what changed and why.

It is very hard to have any confidence when I've got to print an order...not knowing whether "Good T-Jet" or "Bad T-Jet" is going to show up that day and if I am going to get the order done on time or how many shirts I am going to scrap in the process and if I guessed right on how many extra to order...:confused:

Like you...the folks I bought it from are always there when I needed them and helped me figures things out but I feel like I need to hire my own in-house tech to stand next to the machine when it's running.

To be honest...I haven't run my machine in months. Learned how to screenprint and bought a used press for $1000 and have been doing that for larger orders and vinyl for shorter orders. The only thing I think I may end up using it for again (once I take the time to get it back running again after sitting for so long) is to print photorealistic images on colors or darks. JPSS heat transfer paper actually seems to give me better images on white shirts anyway so I go that route for any memorial shirts and such.

I share your pain brother....

· Registered
155 Posts
I too own a T Jet 2 and LOVE IT...when it behaves...LOL. Like you said, there are days when it runs great and then...for some unexplained reason...it starts acting up. It always seems to be random and very heard to understand at times what changed and why.
I wonder, and this is based strictly on what I've read, not experience, if your problem might be related to humidity? Have you ever monitored the humidity in your work area?

I just have to think that it is possible to tweak the variable(s) causing your problems (and the problems that other people experience). Of course the trick is figuring out what that variable might be.

Chris

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input and support. I did just hear that it may be related to humidity. So that is my next purchase to keep this machine running. I feel I have invested so much into this machine that I am committed to keeping it going and hoping it will pay for itself some day.
I have wondered about the transfers but have always heard they don't stand up very long. Is this true?
The major part of my business with the t-jet ( I also screenprint ) is photo reprints. And of course everyone wants it on a dark shirt.
I will keep plugging away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.