T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
One thing has been hinted at here, but I think it should be emphasized: You should have something that makes you different, and should be able to describe it in a single sentence. In addition to running my shop, my day job is reading scripts for movie studios. In Hollywood, they call that something different "the unique attractor," or The Hook. "Ghostbusters" has a great hook, for example; so did "Back to the Future" and "Jaws."

So if you take a look at the different huge tee companies out there - Busted Tees, T-Shirt Hell - they've both got easy one-sentence pitches. Whether or not you like their stuff, it's hard to deny the power such a resource has for marketing and branding purposes. I always knew I wanted to have a humor tee company, for example, so I decided to do only clean humor to set myself apart. The company's called I'm a Hot Tee, and our slogan's "Hot Tees You Can Take Home to Mom!" So it's a pun and it's memorable - two other things that can really go a long way.

How about you guys? Do you agree about the idea of having a simple-to-pitch unique attractor?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.