T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without a brick and mortar shop any advice on how to get sales? I have put ads in the local paper in 3 counties, no response???? The ad ran for 3 weeks and was a one placement one color with minimum order of 15 shirts for $12.00 each. Now mind you there is only one shop that screen prints near me and that shop does only sports shirts, so that means all of the t-shirt that I see people wearing for special events, memorials, 5-K runs etc... are coming from somewhere.

What am I doing wrong or any advice on what I could do to get some business?

· Registered
2,556 Posts
You say that there are no screen printers in your area. Why not offer the local digital printers and embroiderers a contract print service? Find one or two in each local town and offer to print for them - start at about 50 garments. Anything less and they could produce them in house. They would be able to offer their customers a new service, and you wouldn't need to look for customers so hard.

I have been doing this for the last couple of years and it works for me. There is no risk or inventory. The customer provides the garments (+2 - 5% for spoilage) and the artwork. I print on a sliding scale.
Apart from ink and chemicals everything is pure (gross) profit.

· Registered
167 Posts
Without a brick and mortar shop any advice on how to get sales? I have put ads in the local paper in 3 counties, no response???? The ad ran for 3 weeks and was a one placement one color with minimum order of 15 shirts for $12.00 each. Now mind you there is only one shop that screen prints near me and that shop does only sports shirts, so that means all of the t-shirt that I see people wearing for special events, memorials, 5-K runs etc... are coming from somewhere. What am I doing wrong or any advice on what I could do to get some business?
What type of t-shirts or service are you selling? Have you tried advertising online? Have a website?

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Facebook page (not one sale) I probably am not doing something correct?? and my website is under construction. My designs are primarily for cowboys and cowgirls or trail riders (equestrian). How would I advertise on-line? Thanks

· Registered
416 Posts
What type of t-shirts or service are you selling? Have you tried advertising online? Have a website?
Search for online forums that target your niche market and introduce yourself and promote there.

Go out to events and show your stuff.

Find a local up and coming rider/cowboy/however you call it(lol) and give that person a promo deal. Give em free gear with your company logo on it and a website address.

The sales are not going to come your way easily, you will need to go an find them. Also its my opinion, that unless you are targeting an older clientele, running ads on a paper won't do much. Who reads the paper anymore??

Sent from my HTC One X using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
27 Posts
I have a Facebook page (not one sale) I probably am not doing something correct?? and my website is under construction. My designs are primarily for cowboys and cowgirls or trail riders (equestrian). How would I advertise on-line? Thanks
I'm pretty sure with Facebook ads you can target right in to certain demographics, so putting in cowboys ect might actually work super well for you. Also finding message boards or a reddit group for your interests is a good place to go if you are selling actual designs.

· Registered
793 Posts
IMO a one color one sided print for $12 is on the expensive side. I'd be at around $8 for that. Keep in mind a quick search on Ebay and you can get 24 shirts two sided including shipping for 100 bucks(don't ask me how they can afford to do that).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.