T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Ok so i use 20x24 screens.
i have 8.5x11 transperencies.
I can easily separate teh images into sections with Illy.
question is, is there any easy way to bind the {in some cases }four transperencies into one to burn the image into the screen?
I have been using clear tape. And have thought about getting a paper cutter to ensure the edges are flat.
If i butt the edges together, i will most likely get a seam, burned into the image. Any thing will help guys!
thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Use black magic marker where the seem is. I tried it and it worked. Probably not the most professional way of doing this but that was the only way I knew how.
Make sure you have very dark images on the transperencies.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im confused. It would seem that putting MORE uv blocking agents onto the seam would make the seam block more light, causing the seam to become larger. i want to eliminate the seam being burned into the image. Sorry for the confusion......

·
Registered
208 Posts
my bad. I was thinking of something else.

What I did was made two copies of the transparencies, and got rid of the margin lines on my paper through microsoft excel. (basically the image ran right off the sheet)
Then I was able to tape the sheets together with clear tape. Do not tape across the image itself. Just a couple small pieces of tape to hold the papers together. Take your time and be patient trying to get the papers together straight.

The light burned through no problem with no line effects.
I just used a halogen light in a dark room for exposing so I'm not sure if a professional exposure unit will give you different results.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The best thing to do is search Ebay for a use Epson 1520 or 3000. You can find these now for just a few hundred bucks. A buddy of mine just picked up a 1520 for $150.00. Theses are wide format printers and you will be able to print films up to 13" wide with the 1520 or 17" wide with the 3000. The other option is to get a used or referbbished HP LaserJet 4MV. This is a laser and will print 11" wide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts