T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there familiar with a carriage change? Seems impossible, how do you get it off the rail? Mine has damage where the metal top attached from the former owner and I would like to change it while I have it apart.

ALSO, are there any differences or modifications from the stock Epson r2400 carriage? I seem to recall that something is disconnected to use on the DTG machine, but cannot find that old post anymore.

· Registered
18 Posts
Anyone out there familiar with a carriage change? Seems impossible, how do you get it off the rail? Mine has damage where the metal top attached from the former owner and I would like to change it while I have it apart.

ALSO, are there any differences or modifications from the stock Epson r2400 carriage? I seem to recall that something is disconnected to use on the DTG machine, but cannot find that old post anymore.
Have you tried searching for this issues on Youtube? Good luck!

· Registered
260 Posts
I have changed several carriages on the HM1, not a nice job to do and even harder to explain the steps. I would suggest you try finding a video tutorial, or take photo's at every stage during removal. From my recollection the only standard part that is disconnected is the PW (page width) sensor (found under the carriage by removing the tiny posi drive screw), and the ribbon cable that feeds back information from the carts as standard is NOT connected to the mainboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.