T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Ive purchased a Epson 1410 (1400) and converted it to Dye Sub, it was only a cheap conversion with cheap ink till i get it all going the will use some good ink.
I was wondering if someone can share some info for me including some questions i have below.

When i print i have a profile i got for my machine, how do use it so it outputs through it in CS4 PS or Ill.

When i print a image on heat transfer paper how long do i wait till i can put in the heat press? Is there a dye time.

How do i tell which side is the transfer print side on the paper i got and if its self peel or not?

What would your recommended heat temp and time settings be as a starting point. the press doesn't have a pressure setting.

Any other pointers that could be of use to me?

Thanks all in advance.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
It sounds like you may not have a grasp of sublimation..For starters what do you mean by cheap ink? the only sublimation ink that is made for your machine and for sale in USA (assuming you are in USA) is either sublijet or artainium, both from Sawgrass...and available from Conde. Next if you are using non sub ink in your printer you will have to clear the lines of the old ink and that will waste ink! Why use the cheap ink..use regular sublimation ink to start..you can't practice doing one thing by doing something else. You can tell what side of paper to print on by wetting thumb and forefinger and pick up a corner of the paper. The side that seems slightly 'sticky' is the side to print on. Remember you cannot use regular transfer paper. Sublimation paper does not peel...you print, press and remove paper...the image stays on the garment/substrate. You can press at 400F with medium pressure.. time depends on what you are pressing.

I am just wondering if you are using dye pigment ink ...if so that is different than dye sublimation ink

You might want to go to DyeSub.org - An educational site for dye sublimation and digital transfer printing. which has a ton of information on dye sublimation

1 - 3 of 3 Posts