T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...., and that you could get the same results by using corel or illustrator ( i use illustrator and photoshop for my templates)......

Could you expand on this please?:)

I have both Photoshop and Illy. (CS3 suite)
....as well as Corel X3 & X4.
I am going to learn Luis/Lnfortun's Corel tutorial on "making a rhinestone template"
Found here on the forum somewhere...?

Here is a link to all of his GREAT tutorials...
Home ?(Lnfortuns Pages)?

The "Rhinestone Tutorial.pdf" is located towards the bottom of the above link.

(THANKS again LUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!):)

I would also like to know how you create RS templates using Photoshop & ILLY!! :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Re: Cutting Rhinestone Templates with GX-24

I am going to learn Luis/Lnfortun's Corel tutorial on "making a rhinestone template"

Home ?(Lnfortuns Pages)?

I would also like to know how you create RS templates using Photoshop & ILLY!! :)
I use illy to vecrtorize my image and get the line art then transfer it over to photoshop ( i use cs4) . In photoshop create a circle brush the size of your rhinestone, make sure its hollow, just the stroke of a circle. Control click your image thumbnail in your pallette, then with your magic wand right click on ur image and select make workpath and set your tolerence, i use a value of 1.5 yours might be different. Then click on window and select brushes, your brush pallette should come up. It should show your brush presets, adjust your master diameter for the size of your rhinestone and then click on brush tip shape (under brush presets) click on the spacing box and adujst the spacing you want in between the stones. After thats all done, select the pen tool and right click on your image and select stroke path, a box should appear (this defaults the pencil), just click on brush and click ok. And viola thats it.

This all assuming that you have a moderete knowledge of photoshop. Remember that you have to make adjustments for the stone size and spacing. I hope this helps. I will try to make up a more indepth tutorial for nubes.

sorry for all the typos.... lol...

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts

Home ?(Lnfortuns Pages)?

There is also a great Illy tutorial that can be found here from one of our other forum members http://www.t-shirtforums.com/rhinestone-decoration/t25584.html.

Reactions: ashamutt

·
Registered
2,526 Posts

I use illy to vecrtorize my image and get the line art then transfer it over to photoshop ( i use cs4) . In photoshop create a circle brush the size of your rhinestone, make sure its hollow, just the stroke of a circle. Control click your image thumbnail in your pallette, then with your magic wand right click on ur image and select make workpath and set your tolerence, i use a value of 1.5 yours might be different. Then click on window and select brushes, your brush pallette should come up. It should show your brush presets, adjust your master diameter for the size of your rhinestone and then click on brush tip shape (under brush presets) click on the spacing box and adujst the spacing you want in between the stones. After thats all done, select the pen tool and right click on your image and select stroke path, a box should appear (this defaults the pencil), just click on brush and click ok. And viola thats it.

This all assuming that you have a moderete knowledge of photoshop. Remember that you have to make adjustments for the stone size and spacing. I hope this helps. I will try to make up a more indepth tutorial for nubes.

Very close to the same in Corel Draw

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

There is also a great Illy tutorial that can be found here from one of our other forum members http://www.t-shirtforums.com/rhinestone-decoration/t25584.html.
Thanks sunny!!!

I remember this now!....I have it saved to my "rhinestone favorites" !

I read so much on here that sometimes I do forget what I read/save.:eek:

I am trying to collect everything/every way possible concerning "rhinestone template making".....Corel and Illy.

I really cannot afford to purchase anymore software at the moment and I do know that this(RS templates) can be accomplished without the extra(expensive) "rhinestone" software that is out there.
I will leave that software to the RS template PRODUCERS!! :)LOL:)

Thanks again for the "brain poke".......I do need them a lot lately!!:D

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will try this and let you know how it turns out!:)

I do like Photoshop soooooooo much better than Corel! I am lost in Corel most of the time!!LOL

Photoshop I do know......moderately... I hope
:)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Hi Guys, I moved these posts over here to a new thread, as they seemed to be a different topic then the R-Wear software :)

This way we can now add more info towards tutorials on corel and illustrator without straying off topic, since it is now the topic :) Its actually a great idea to try and get those tutorials that are out there all in one thread. Mrs. Bacon made me realize that haha, since she remembered seeing the other one I posted, but had forgot about it since it was probably lost to most :)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I use this one by advanced artist.

YouTube - Simluated Stitch Effect in CorelDRAW

He is making a stitch pattern but I changed the shape from a rectangle to a circle as the same principles apply. Quick and easy. All I need to do now is learn how to fill the inside as quickly and easily.

I like the tuts Luis has given us as well but I got lost quick. There is another one in Photoshop that is really easy too but I couldn't seem to find it. I not so good with Photoshop and Illy so I stick with Corel.

Katrina

Here is a sample of what it looks like. If anyone has any tips on how to fill the inside using Corel it will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Thanks for adding girls, this I think will be a great thread :)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Here is a 12.50 "Corel add-on" that is called "fit objects to path"..........uhhhh... shouldn't a 430.00 program have this feature in it already!!! LOL
(or am I missing something?)

I am not sure that this tool will help in the "RS template" creation aspect.......could someone that knows Corel please respond???

Anyway..... this is from the corel.com blog-Graphics Feeds.
(red text added by me)
http://coreldraw.com/blogs/feeds_en/archive/2008/09/01/macro-monday-oberon-fit-objects-to-path.aspx

Macro Monday: Oberon Fit Objects to Path

Sometimes requests for a particular feature come in bunches. One that I've seen a lot recently(really...wonder why?) is to have the ability to put objects on a path just like you can put text on a path in CorelDRAW. There is a way using Blend on a Path if the objects are more or less the same.

Unfortunately that won't do the trick if you have a number of different shapes you want on a path. That's where today's macro comes into play. Oberon's Fit Objects to Path gives you the ability to place selected objects along the path of your choice. Give it a try, it might be just what you need.

Read the complete post at http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/GraphicsUnleashed/~3/380290611/macro-monday-oberon-fit-objects-to-path.asp

Please remember: to be able to use this add-on you will need the FULL version of CorelDraw.......the FULL retail version will always include the "vba/macros" files needed to run 3rd party software and add-ons.

Reactions: DTFuqua

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Macro is run with VBA. That means it uses VBA codes within that macro. The default folder for macros are located in C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 13\Draw\GMS with GMS extension. So if you add in macro the files must be placed in that folder so that VBA can find it. It is also listed under project window in the VBA window. So to answer your question Oberon's fit object to path is not part of $430.00 software. It is added on.

I have a sneaky suspicion, without looking at the code, it uses the blend tool. So my question is why go to that extent when blend is so much easier to learn and use. I write VBA codes and it is not an easy thing to do. I used the blend tool because I can fit any object of any amount on any path with few data input, keystrokes and mouse clicks. The tutorial I did was not optimized. I did not show how to change the path so that the corners and acute curve bends or where two curves intersect are filled right at the corner or at the bend or at the intersection. I noticed that when I was making a mockup template. I can change the tutorial if you find the tutorial useful.

Photoshop is not a vector program so the design or template cannot be used for vinyl cutter. Unless it is vectorized first. So if you are going to vectorize why not go straight to CorelDraw and save time. Bitmap template is good if you are going to lay the rhinestone by hand one at a time over the dots. If you have a very dense design it is going to cost a lot because of the time spent to pick and place each stone.

If you want to try that add on download the file and put it in the folder path I posted. The file has to have a GMS file extension. If you have X4 the folder will be in C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite 14\Draw\GMS instead. Once it is installed press Alt F11 to open the VBA Editor window. Check the window on the left side under projetcs. The Macro should be listed. IF not close Coreldraw, open it again, press Alt F11 and check the project window. If you find it there double click on it then press F5 to run it.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Here is a sample that I did with spray tool. The height is 2.5", the stone size is 1mm and the spacing is .07".

After I created the spray object. It took 4 keystrokes, 3 mouse clicks and it is done. It is going to take more time when the font is in block letter or have a lot of corners to optimize the corner fills and deleting overlapping objects.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AWESOME LUIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!

I am trying to follow your GREAT rhinestone tut now.....along with following the KNK videos(for making RS templates)..... I do wish that 430.00 Corel had the great RS buttons/features that the 119.00 KNK studio has!!!!!!!!!

(do you have a “donation” button anywhere on your site…..???)
:)

1 - 20 of 155 Posts