T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, im using an exposure unit with 6 20 watt unfiltered black lights in it, and im using Ryonet SVP Photopolymer Emulsion Gallon - Plastisol/Solvent Friendly...

How long should i be letting my screen expose? ive heard people who have similar set up to me that they can burn in 1 or 2 min?

any body out there using similar emulsion or exposure unit who can shed a little light (no pun intended) on this for me?

How do i know if im OVER exposing a screen? what are some effects of an over exposed screen?

· Registered
23 Posts
about overexposed screens, they will not produce the correct image for printing during washing, the emulsion
hardened very well during exposure time. underexposed screens usually drop all emulsion even the exposed part.

the best thing you should do is to experiment exposure time. make a screen put emulsion evenly and have it dried. without any artwork on it, expose the first 2 inch for 1 minute put a mark on it, expose another 2 inch for 2 minutes and until you reach some 8 minutes of exposures. wash the screen, and select the one with the sharpest edge after washing as your correct exposure for your set-up.

i hope this might help a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.