T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help on an image I am trying to print to make a screen. This is what I have;

23 x 31 156 mesh screen
Ryonet 13 x 19 transparencies
Epson R1400 printer
Illustrator CS4

I made an artboard of 19 (wide) by 26 (length), placed the image into it, and resized it to fit. The actual image is about 17 x 25 give or take.

Obviously I cant fit that size of an image on one 13x19 transparency, so I went into the print settings for AI and set the paper to Super 13x19, made it landscape, also "do not scale" and "tile image" I set the overlap to "0". The problem I am having is that where the pages meet it is chopping about an inch of the image out so the transparencies dont match up correctly?

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this? Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
. . .The actual image is about 17 x 25 give or take. . .

Obviously I cant fit that size of an image on one 13x19 transparency, . . . The problem I am having is that where the pages meet it is chopping about an inch of the image out so the transparencies dont match up correctly? . . .
IF your image is missing an inch where the 2 transparencies meet then the main problem seems to be your settings? Overlap is an option(even a practice for sticking 2 or more transparencies together) but try to find out where the problem is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
yes, over lap it. the best way to go.
I have done 8.5x11 tiling. and i over lap then to make sure it on the right spot.But its takes time to tape them right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.