T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good printing techniques for printing on Tie Dye shirts without the dye coming through the ink colors. We currently use one stroke polyester ink to print on Tie Dye, but with a large imprint area the thickness on the shirt can be abnormally uncomfortable. For the ink to not blead through the ink we almost always have to print flash print our white under base to keep the print looking opaque, but we always have a block of ink on the back of the shirt which I hate.

Has anyone tried to discharge Tie Dye's? Does it work?

Any one have any good method they use on large quantities of Tie Dye's?

· Registered
15 Posts
I know this was posted years ago, but in case anyone else is having the same issue:
Tie-Dyed t-shirts, to my knowledge, tend to be 100% cotton and therefore you should be using cotton ink instead of polyester. We put white and gold ink over purple tie-dye t-shirts and they looked great. Used Union ink Bright Cotton White and Maxopake Golden Yellow.

· Registered
3 Posts
The problem is not the ink type you are using it is the type of tie-dye you are printing on. Tie-dyes made with pigment dye will always bleed into your ink. Your white ink comes out of the dryer pink. Yuck. You need to be printing on reactive dyed garments. They are the same as printing on any 100% cotton T-shirt. Here is a source for reactive dyed tie-dye www.buyerstrading.com The FAQ section spells this out in a little more detail.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.