T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Through My Wanderings I have come to find a website that grabs my attention. I see the community and feel compelled to join. And so the journey begins...

Just to give some history about myself I am 17 and am graduating high school in May 2006. In light of my age, many shrug off the notion of me knowing anything about design, and, yes, it is true that to some degree I am still in training.

However, in addition to 7 years of experience with Photoshop, 2 years with Illustrator, and one year with InDesign and Quark, I have 5 years of true job experience doing consistent artwork for a respectible screenprinting company on a freelance basis. In addition to this side job, I work at a very large printing company through a Youth Apprenticeship Program where I work in color correction, logo creation and recreation, page layout, and advertising design. Furthermore, I design, albeit amatuerly, website for local businesses. I am currently in the process of creating my own digital portfolio and will link to it in my signature eventually.

On another note...all that was probably not necessary. I could have just as easily said Thanks for welcoming me to the community. Oh well... :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
Wow, a 17 year old with some direction in life. I'm impressed! Welcome to the forums!

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Impressed, indeed. I hope my kids have that much drive when they get to be your age (man I sound old).

Welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

·
2,957 Posts
I wish that I had that kind of focus when I was that age. It has taken me a while to find what I really want to do (I'm currently 30!:eek: ), and something that would be more than just a job.

I, too, am very impressed.;) And don't worry. No one here will shrug you off. I think it would be fair to say that most of us could learn a few things from you. Just take a look at some of the questions posted!

Welcome to the forums. We are certainly glad to have you!:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank all of you for such a warm welcome! I will be glad to post any help I can possibly give to anyone here. I guess this could be the start of something cool :)

Again, Thanks for the welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts