T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
hi, yoursite http://madhousetees.com/ and threadless both contain alot of cool shirts/artist etc.

Did a google search for your site:www.[u]madhousetees.com[/u]
nothing came up, you may need a link to your site from "threaless" or [edit: removed self promotional link]or some other site etc. this may help you get some google exposure. your ideas are very good.

also be sure to 301 your NO-WWW pages to the WWW pages (or vice-versa) of your site before you get it into google. they don't like it and you will be penalized for dups.

cheers

edit: removed self promotional link as per forum rules:
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/showthread.php?t=1173

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your great suggestions foxy! What do you mean by

"also be sure to 301 your NO-WWW pages to the WWW pages (or vice-versa) of your site before you get it into google. they don't like it and you will be penalized for dups."

·
Banned
54 Posts
hi Jared, got your PM,
I'll answer as best as I can here since others may want to input some ...

Ok, I assume you would want your site indexed by Google.

I did a check and found your site is not in google's index.
There are resouces on the web that can provide info how to TRY to get your site indexed by Google.

One way that works in some cases is to get for example threadless or another well established related site to simply put a link on their main page to your site. This way when Google-Bot Crawls their site it will follow the link to your site, if your lucky, bingo !!! G-bot will index your site in their main-index and will start crawling your site etc. These are basic examples and there are a gazzilion SEO stuff but look for this info on SEO resouces.

The 301.
Once you are in the Google index and G-Bot starts crawling your site for conten etc. It is a good idea to set up your site pointing to WWW-SITE-COM or to SITE-COM (without the WWW ), these are both 2 different UR's but as it turns out they are the SAME PAGE on your website. Most often this happens because your Host/Server resolves the NO-WWW-YOURSITE-COM to the WWW-YOURSITE-COM when a user keys in YOURSITE-COM without the WWW and end up at your site WWW-YOURSITE-COM

This is a good thing to help the user end up at your site, but in G-BOTS eyes ( because it crawls URL's not Domains ) both of your WWW and NO-WWW are the same page and a flag goes up in their spam filters as dups ( duplicated content ), this will push your site into their Supplemental Results Index and out of the main-index where you want to be.

So, a 301 is an easy safe fix for this dups problem. A 301 is a re-direct you can put on the NO-WWW -- YOURSITE-COM server Header for the entire site to point to the WWW-YOURSITE-COM, or vice-versa. This Tells G-BOT when it crawls yoursite that the NO-WWW does not exist and sends G-BOT to the WWW (200 header code a must).

This will eliminate the dups problem that for some reason does not effect Yahoo or MSN but does effect G-bot Big Time.

hope this explains some ?
too lazy to use spell check, sorry.
cheers.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
blackSheep77 said:
Hi Jared :)

Cool site and shirts! I liked the 'got shot?' one :D

I've got some stuff in Threadless too (http://www.threadless.com/profile/173158/BlackSheep77); I'll keep a sharp eye out for your next design submissions!
Blacksheep, love this design! http://www.threadless.com/submission/58062/A_Stick_Figure's_Worst_Nightmare

·
Registered
461 Posts
Thx for the watch monkeylantern :)

BTW, Jared, I think 'got milk?' still has lots of potential for parody; what do you think of 'got fired?', 'got canned?', 'got insurance?', 'got f***ed?', 'got laid?', 'got wacked?' or 'got milked?'? Hehe, maybe one that said 'god damned?'! Just some sporadic ramblings... pay no attention ;)

BTW 2, I loved the one where a banana is slipping on a human! :D I bet that would be a winner on Threadless!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts