T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you please contact me via PM? I'm trying to put together some various contracts, and want to reference them to make sure I don't miss anything. I'd even be willing to PayPal you a small fee if necessary. Please let me know!

While on the topic, any recommendations for "how to write basic contracts"?

The following contact will be necessary:
The transfer of ownership / rights from an artist(s) to another (myself), covering such thngs as the right of ownership, reproduction, contract length, when the artist may release the design / reuse the conceptual idea, fees, etc.

Thank you! :D

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Those who have had their design(s) choosen by Threadless, or other major seller..

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Those who have had their design(s) choosen by Threadless, or other major seller..

Still looking for one. The modular contract is very nice, but I want to make a checklist of sorts. I know someone on here has had their design(s) choosen! :p

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

error426 said:
I know someone on here has had their design(s) choosen! :p
Hmm, cool - who?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The owner of Mr. Funkleberry -- though I don't know if he gets around here anymore. I sent him off an e-mail, hopefully he'll be willing to help. :D

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts

error426 said:
The owner of Mr. Funkleberry -- though I don't know if he gets around here anymore.
His last post was November last year, and last login June this year, so not particularly by the looks of things.

I had forgotten about that site. Mostly not my kind of thing, but some good finishing touches.

Good luck getting a copy of the contract. If none of this turns up leads, you could try contacting some of the more accessible Threadless regulars who've had shirts printed.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Not sure how well his site's going, as the limited edition shirts are still there a year later, no update to the friend's pages, and his prices have been slashed to about where we recommended to start with (GBP35 down to GBP17, shipping cut too). Still too expensive IMO.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Solmu said:
Good luck getting a copy of the contract. If none of this turns up leads, you could try contacting some of the more accessible Threadless regulars who've had shirts printed.
Thanks. I'm hoping someone will chime in and do me the favor. It's just nice to have a reference ya know? I'm sure I could put together a "suitable" contract. But with all legal things, the more professional the better.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You need people who have had their designs printed by Threadless or choosed for display and scoring?

I have some designs on threadless and I've asked a question here on the forum if anyone else has some designs submited there, to share some opinions but no one responded.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Hey Gil,

Printed. As I need a copy of the contact Threadless made them sign / abide by. Though no one has come through thus far. Sad panda.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't know if you're still interested in this, but if you are, there's no special contract. Everyone who submits a design must check the "Legal Terms" in order to do so. It's all in there. The designer of a winning submission actually keeps ownership of the design but forfeits the right to reproduce it on clothing.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know if you're still interested in this, but if you are, there's no special contract. Everyone who submits a design must check the "Legal Terms" in order to do so. It's all in there. The designer of a winning submission actually keeps ownership of the design but forfeits the right to reproduce it on clothing.

I hope that helps.
Thanks for the information!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts