T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Like everyone else, I searched and searched... It seems like the answers to some of these questions are like finding the true meaning of some ancient Chinese legend mystery lol... SO this is what I think I know, and what I have heard but dont fully understand. PLEASE HELP ME BE GREAT! ..

I have a HPN multi size Mug press and a GK 16x20 swing heat press
I have a Cameo 3 cutter
So I have two printers,
1. the Epson C88 ( for Sub printing because I think I will sub print less, and need smaller sizes since I am just starting out)
2. The Epson 7610 For larger sizes using heat transfers. This will allow me to have a broader range of items to print

Right??
Ok, so for the transfer pressing.. I need to use Pigment based ink. I can use the durabrite that the printer comes with or get another brand..It seems people here like Cobra brand ink?? I should get a refillable cartridge starting out... am I right so far?? for instance Cobra has a combo pack of Pigment ink, syringes, cartridges for $131.00,, is this a good price, Can I find something better. I lot of these post that suggested Cobra are very old. Have things changed since 2006-2017??

I also need transfer Paper. I was going with the Neena JetPro light 8.5x11 and 11x17 and the Neena 3G Jet Opaque Dark in the same sizes.
Is this good paper? I heard if I used the 3G I have to have the design cut out in my cameo?? is that true??

If I have a design cut from my Cameo using Vinyl do I need different paper for that?

For Sublimation,
I dont know what kind of ink to use I have heard so many things...
Do i stick with the advice of refillable ink?? Is cobra still the best place to purchase?? I almost ordered this ArTanium VV but I heard you need to be more experienced in order to use it? should I use Sublijet? I dont want to buy ink just because its endorsed by a product. I need some real direction in this area.

I have TexPrint HPHR paper is this the right kind for my Epson. Also I heard I need different paper for my mugs or other hard items is this true?? is there better paper than the TexPrint??

Am I missing anything.?? Thank you in advance for your kindness and patience concerning all of these questions. If you are still reading this far along, you might as well take the time to offer your opinions... ! I am willing to work hard, do the research, and study

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
go to the section you desire and scroll down until you see an input box that says 'Search This Forum'
then simply input your keyword and press 'GO'

i have done this for you for your question regarding texprint paper,
i went to ''dye sublimation' and inputted 'tesprint', and i received 244 threads of info
here is the link

simply rinse and repeat this process for all your queries

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
All products have their fans. Research is great, as are opinions of people's experience with products. But everyone's situation, capabilities, limitations, and aspirations are a bit different, so the trick is figuring out what is best for your specific case, as there is no overall "best."

So, yeah, read and research. But also TRY. You can get samples or small quantities of the various papers (maybe even pre-printed with various inks?), so you can experience them firsthand without making a major commitment.

I have done a very small amount of Epson inkjet pigment transfers on white shirts. I used Jet-Pro SS. It looked good, and seemed to be reasonably durable, and wasn't that hard to work with. But for various and sundry reasons, I prefer to screen print. YMMV

Printing on dark garments is where things get more complicated and less optimum. I'm sure you've seen comments about a heavy hand feel and cracking. There are some newer Laser papers that are no-weed and work on dark, but the process looks a bit fiddly, to me--with room for things to not go quite right. Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GQzI5tenYk

But there are even newer things that have just come out or that are soon coming. See the posts by Travb1999 in this thread: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t786913.html
Note, the thread was created to talk about one technology (that won't be of interest to you, because it is an industrial scale tech), but then sort of gets hijacked by talk about a new inkjet process that looks interesting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for responding. I am in the middle of purchasing all these items and I wanted to make sure I was making good decisions. The webinar for the new conde items are today so the timing is perfect. I'll keep you updated with my progress !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts