T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,662 Posts
In very simple terms, a heat press is essential if you want to produce acceptable results, when using transfers, or cut vinyl.

A heat press is a temperature controlled heated plate, attached to a frame and lowering mechanism that allows you to press items at varying temperatures and pressures.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
6,374 Posts
I suggest you check out the following brands(HIX ,HOTRONIX,GeoKnight,Insta,and Mighty Press) These are a few of the name brand press'. I suggest buying a name brand press for the simple reason of getting service after the sale. I know many buy a cheaper press from Ebay and think they are saving money. The heat press will be the heart of your business and I know nobody that doesn't want the best heart they can get. .... JB

· Registered
1,841 Posts
I have all so got Ebay press and have no problems. Just need ask what kind of press people buy and they will tell you there are good press on Ebay as will as junk.

· Registered
2,907 Posts
When I purchased my heat press I scored one off ebay for $132.00+ shipping. It has no name on it, and came with a 2 page pamplet (manual) which leads me to believe that it is a China made product which sometimes tend to be inferior. Luckily I have not had any problems and I use it everyday for most of the day with great results. I have had this press since 2006 and it is still going. If one day I need a new one then I might try one that most users speak of on this site but I am not sorry I bought an off brand press because I have more than gotten my money back from it.

· Registered
6,374 Posts
I always suggest the major brands because of quality. I hear people all the time talk about cheap made stuff from China. I think the problem is the people buying the cheapest product to resale places like ebay. I'm sure there are quality equipment made in China, but we only see the the low quality stuff. I have heard that the Sunie press is a quality product. .... JB

· Registered
1,841 Posts
The only problem is all press come from china! I dont think any company in the us makes there own any more but then I could be worng! I do now they use lot china parts in them!

· Registered
6,374 Posts
The only problem is all press come from china! I dont think any company in the us makes there own any more but then I could be worng! I do now they use lot china parts in them!
I'm sure the above statement is true but buying a press from a american company will assure you service after the sale. The off brand press'use all kinds of differeny componets, where as the brand name press' will use the same parts time after time. The off brand pres' have many different parts which makes them harder to repair.I have over 20 years experience repairing electonics and have seen this time and time again. ..... JB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.