T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna ask a question i bought a pack of dark colored fabrics transfer paper it contains a silicon paper which says that to be used to cover the printing during ironing...

but i used an A4 ordinary sheet to cover the printing and wat happend that the printing stuck to the paper not the shirt ... may be i should have used the silicon paper ...but now the white back of the printing turned into green tint...:(

was that supposed to happen if the printing is correctly printed to the shirt that i will have the same tint on the colored surface???:confused:

or that was just a result of my mistake...:(

·
Administrator
14,176 Posts
You are going to have to assume if was the result of your mistake and try again to know for sure.

I don't understand how the print got stuck to your A4 paper unless you had the transfer facing up instead of down on the fabric?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no wat u see is the back white (former white:D) back of the printing the colors now facing the white sheet ??

but i tried the silicon paper after that and it worked fine without any tints thx for help...

·
Registered
34 Posts
i am having the same problem. after i peel the paper is get a yellowish color on my shirt. and the ink of the design on the transfer paper comes out yellow like in the picture. can you guys help me? im pretty much doing everything right, its just the image and the ink where the design was that some out with a yellowish tint.
Im using:
JPSS
100% Cotton
pre pressing for 7 sec
375F for 30 sec

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
i am having the same problem. after i peel the paper is get a yellowish color on my shirt. and the ink of the design on the transfer paper comes out yellow like in the picture. can you guys help me? im pretty much doing everything right, its just the image and the ink where the design was that some out with a yellowish tint.
Im using:
JPSS
100% Cotton
pre pressing for 7 sec
375F for 30 sec
Check the temp of your press with contact thermometer. It may be off (higher) from the target temp. I was told by Neenah when the unprinted areas turn yellowish the polymer is scorched. Try lowering the temp to 325F- 350F. Also try lowering the time. Print small images in a page. Cut the transfer. Use each piece for testing with each setting that way you don't waste transfer. Use scrap shirt.

OEM ink will shift when heat is appled. Use third party pigment ink that is made for heat transfer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Check the temp of your press with contact thermometer. It may be off (higher) from the target temp. I was told by Neenah when the unprinted areas turn yellowish the polymer is scorched. Try lowering the temp to 325F- 350F. Also try lowering the time. Print small images in a page. Cut the transfer. Use each piece for testing with each setting that way you don't waste transfer. Use scrap shirt.

OEM ink will shift when heat is appled. Use third party pigment ink that is made for heat transfer.
im postitive it isnt scorching because this never happened with my other printer. i used the same settings and it came out fine. But now i print with a Epson WF7010 with a hotzone360 CIS. I think it has to do with the fact that the printer is CMYK colors. When i first got it, i used the OEM colors and i had this problem. Now that i have my CIS, im STILL having this problem. It seems like it lays down a base of yellow that sticks to the transfer paper and leaves the final image looking yellowish. I'll try to make a video or take some more pics of what i mean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts