T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Can you help me from where I can get the open cartage to used Duo-point ink ..& how Chip can be reset to 600 ml so I can used the same open cartage multiple times
Hi have you tried the GPI brand ink? Also did you have to flush out all the ink before using IA? GPI website says no need to flush on their own ink brand. Thank you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hi have you tried the GPI brand ink? Also did you have to flush out all the ink before using IA? GPI website says no need to flush on their own ink brand. Thank you.
No never tried GPI inks. Tbh for discontinuity in distributor stock of IA white cartridges in my country, I didn't flush the white circuit last time and I haven't noticed nothing to worry about. In any case, if you plan to use for long periods the IA, I suggest you to flush the circuit or, at least, change both the cartridges of white (otherwise two channels print with epson ink and other two with IA).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have used Image Armor F series for the past 4 months 24 cartridges later I was hesitant on switching also found it hard to find any reviews but since Epson F-2000 is out of the 3 year warranty window I thought I give it a try. The white inks are great the shorten dry time wasn't a factor but it is nice. I do have a lot more head cleanings than with Epson inks and Have found by increasing my humidifier to above 50 it has decreased. I am happy but I have to plan ahead on my ink supply since my local vendor (Live on the West Coast) never has stock and I either have to wait a week or pay for expedited shipping. The savings was a big factor just wish IA would have more tech support info for this ink ie. do I have to have white underbase under my black ink since it pretreated using C-breeze rip (IA ultra dark)...dry times when printing on darks lots of testing on the users part

·
Registered
36 Posts
No never tried GPI inks. Tbh for discontinuity in distributor stock of IA white cartridges in my country, I didn't flush the white circuit last time and I haven't noticed nothing to worry about. In any case, if you plan to use for long periods the IA, I suggest you to flush the circuit or, at least, change both the cartridges of white (otherwise two channels print with epson ink and other two with IA).
Im going to try dupont ink with the refill carts i ordered from china, the ink clogging could be air bubble trapped inside the carts, i hope the carts i got is good.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone currently use third party inks on F2000/2100 without issues? I'm particularly interested to Image Armor, dupont and firebird inks (especially the white)
I'm trying dupont inks on a machine out of warranty.
In a few days I'll post my first impressions.

KODAK Chromatic DTG Ink is working well (also on my P600). I got mine at 123refills.
Light flush before putting it in recommended, but most people on the user groups just pour it into the carts.
... and yes, I bought a humidity sensor and realized I was in the 30's ( 34% RH/Relative Humidity). Much better since the humidifier was set up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone have any updates on the Image Armor inks for the Epson F-2000? We have a F-2000 that's now out of warranty and are looking to switch to IA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been using IA ink from GPI for over a year and no problems images have been great and love thesavings. note that I have been out of warranty for over a year so I chanced it. Key is keeping machine clean and monitoring humidity (Southern California) knock on wood

·
Registered
4 Posts
Image Armor F Series has been great for me haven't had a problem yet or complaints from customers

·
Registered
625 Posts
The problem to white inks is what makes them white Titanium Dioxide? This product when heated will coagulate. This product causes this problem when we make white toners in all of the different equipment when we make it. It causes a hell uv a cleaning problem after production on all of the equipment.
This is what it the problem with DTG printers and ink jet printers using white ink. You rarely see posts on here about DTG printers clogging without using white toner.
AL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Learned at Impression Show in Long Beach, IA is discontinuing F-Series ink? Does anyone know of other third-party inks for Epson 2000/2100 printers?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am looking to switch to Image Armor F Series ink for my F2000. I have full set of Epson color ink in the printer but need to replace the white. Can the IA white ink be used with the Epson color ink. I dont want to have to buy a complete set of IA inks and waste the Epson color ink.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The textbook answer is to flush and use the new.
My experience is that they are so closely formulated that it doesn't matter. pour it in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Learned at Impression Show in Long Beach, IA is discontinuing F-Series ink? Does anyone know of other third-party inks for Epson 2000/2100 printers?
Who told you this? I called image armor and they said that they are not discontinuing this ink.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts