T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone currently use third party inks on F2000/2100 without issues? I'm particularly interested to Image Armor, dupont and firebird inks (especially the white)
I'm trying dupont inks on a machine out of warranty.
In a few days I'll post my first impressions.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems that the F2000 doesn't like so much the white dupont (artistri P5910). The prints are great (at least the white underbase), but every 3-4 shirts the nozzles start to clog (humidity and temp are fine and the damper is new, changed after the new ink charge). I printed only 50-60 black t-shirts today, I'll check in deep in the next days.

The colors on white and light colored shirts are great, much better than the original epson ink, but, on the other hand, on dark garments some colors are less vibrant, especially the bright red.
The grey has a cyan dominant, but this probably could be fixed working with profiles. There are also some other minor changing in colors output, but nothing to worry about.

In any case, if the the printhead decide to work with white, the loss in quality is vastly justified by the greater money saving.
I'm not so optimistic, so, at the end of this test I'll try the Image Armor inks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Are these the inks from garment printer ink? I hadn’t found any reviews. Says that you don’t have to flush because they are that close to epsons ink. Not sure if it’s DuPont ink

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are these the inks from garment printer ink? I hadn’t found any reviews. Says that you don’t have to flush because they are that close to epsons ink. Not sure if it’s DuPont ink
don't know which kind of inks this site sell, but probably yes. The Artistri 5000+ series is commonly used for the epson heads.

I already discharged the white dupont. Tomorrow I'll try the image armor.
Also the colors gives some nozzles problems to the F2000 head. Probably are not the best choice on a long period, but with a few extra attentions they could be used

In any case, for every change of ink you need to flush tubes. For best practice you should change also the damper kit, but you could avoid this and change it only in case of problems

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Well, it's the only bet that is a sure winner I would say. The rest would be a crap shoot. Depends how frisky you feel I guess (or lucky).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From this morning I'm using the image armor for the white and seems to work really well. On a complete different level compared to dupont.
I printed about 40 t-shirts without issues and with a perfect nozzles check at the end. obviously I need to test on a long period how it works, but is a really good start.

I'm also curious to know if there are really so much differences between image armor E-series and F-series.
Soon or later I will try.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are there any news with the image armor ink?
I'm at the and of a second set of white cartridges and until today all was alright.
Today I printed about 80 black t-shirts with the printer charged with image armor white and the same amount with the other printer charged with original inks.

For the first time in these days I'm having similar trouble of dupont white using image armor. Every few prints many white nozzles need a clean.
This could be related to low humidity of last days (29-30% and sometimes lower. I need to change the humidifier, mine isn't enough).
In any case the original inks works great without any issues.
To be honest I never ever had problems related to humidity with original epson inks, even in the worst scenario (10% of humidity).

So, if the problem is solved with an higher humidity, the image armor inks are definitely much more sensitive to ambient humidity of the original inks.

If these problems persist after an adjustment of the humidity, I'll probably need to investigate more

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If these problems persist after an adjustment of the humidity, I'll probably need to investigate more
I solved pointing directly the humidifier on the printer. I already ordered a bigger humidifier to keep ambient humidity above 50%.

Clearly the image armor inks are more sensitive to this aspect respect the Epson.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you help me from where I can get the open cartage to used Duo-point ink ..& how Chip can be reset to 600 ml so I can used the same open cartage multiple times

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can you help me from where I can get the open cartage to used Duo-point ink ..& how Chip can be reset to 600 ml so I can used the same open cartage multiple times
are we talking about the F2000/F2100? DuPont actually doesn't work well with this head.
In any case, chips are one time use, so you need to change the chip every time you consume 600ml.
Cartridges and chips are all chinese stuff, so is cheaper to buy them directly from china (even on ebay you can find them, try to search on google, I'm sure you can find many results).

1 - 20 of 41 Posts