T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys im looking for vinyl that will be pressed on 100% cotton t shirts and im loooking for vinyl that is relatively close to screen printing. I have been looking around the forum and these are some that people are saying are the best and most screen print like

Thermoflex plus
Spectra cut plus
spectra cu II

and also a guy from coastal business supplies pm'd me about the digicut pu and i was wondering about that also. let me know what your guys think!!

· Registered
29 Posts
We have just finished some baseball jerseys.
We used thermo-film from Stahls. I was very impressed with the out come of the whole project.
It can be used on cotton, polly or a blend.
We do primarly screen printing, and will use that product in the future.
BE GOOD

· Registered
29 Posts
As of yet I have had no complaints or returnes with that product. There are other ways to get the job done from the web site I had sent. I am just giving you a point of view from a screen printers perspective. They do offer cad prints, that come to you ready to press onto a shirt or other product. I have used that when we get really backed up.
BE GOOD

· Registered
29 Posts
If you dont have a silk screen press. Stahles will print them for you, so you can heat press them. Or you can visit www.proworldinc.com and they can do a plastisol transfer for you. Both places are pretty good. I havent seen your artwork, so I can not tell you the best place to get them done. I screen print 95% of the the product that I sell, and we print about 2000 shirts/month.
BE GOOD
Strive not to be a success, but rather, be of value....Albert Einstien

· Registered
133 Posts
We use Ecofilm from Imprintables We do alot of very small detailed work and the feel is just like screening. I can take pics of samples if you'd like. I have even used it for a 3 color design with no issues.

Gotta love the fact it's a 4 second application time, Low temp (302) and it's hot peel! I also like working with it because the mylar carrier is tacky and helps with alignment, especially when working with multiple layers.

· Registered
133 Posts
is eco film matte?
Eco film isn't too bad as far as having a "shine". especially if you rehit the garment using silicon coated kraft paper, it will give the matte look you are seeking.
Here's the thing....you need to try it for yourself
:)
Call a few differnt distributors that offer different material, and ask for samples. Compare the materials...the way they weed, they way they apply, and most imortantly , how they look and feel after being washed. Not all vinyls are the same. You will find what you need fairly quickly. Check out the preferred members list and you'll be set!
Good luck!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.