T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of using customink.com (http://www.customink.com/cink/r.jsp?C=16) to have around 9 new designs screen printed. Probably a few sizes each and a decent quantity per (no more than 10 ea). I'm wondering how they stack up in terms of pricing? Are they cheap or expensive compared to industry averages? Also how is their customer service and turnaround time? Also high is their screen printing quality? Would anyone recommend them or another company with better pricing?

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Double? Is that truly accurate? I think they quoted anywhere from $4-$6 per shirt depending on quantity (includes t-shirt and print). Are local printers usually cheaper than online?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
what quantity are you ordering? How many colors?

Through my local screen printer, I used to pay $3.25 ea. for 24 one color print white shirts. I just did a quick check on custom ink, and they said they charge $7.34 for the same thing...more than double.

What you should do is buy your t-shirts from your local wholesale warehouse, and then take them to a local screen printer. This way there will be no mark up on the tees themselves...just the printing. This way, you wont pay shipping, and youll get the best deal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont remember what the qty or t-shirt I chose was. But it was white one color.

Geez, I just found out there are 29 screen printers in my medium sized town. So is the best way to figure out exactly what I want and contact each for a quote request? And then visit and perhaps get a sample for quality from the cheapest?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
And when there isn't competition, the customer gets screwed ;)

What you should do is buy your t-shirts from your local wholesale warehouse, and then take them to a local screen printer. This way there will be no mark up on the tees themselves...just the printing. This way, you wont pay shipping, and youll get the best deal.
I fully agree with this. They will probably mark up the cost of the printing a little bit since they don't make any profit on the shirts, but not nearly as much as the markup on the shirts is. Ask around, and pay special attention to minimum orders. Many printers have a minimum of 12 or even 24 per design (and some even per design per size).

·
Registered
119 Posts
They're pretty pricey but I do love their printing and they offer a guarantee so if you don't like what they give you just send them back and they'll do them again, and they'll give you a voucher for the next time. I think I've gotten about $250 worth of vouchers. 2 week shipping is free. I'm keeping my eyes open for a cheaper printer though.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Prices are different when it comes to buying on the web vs. local because of cost of living which therefore the company has to charge whatever it has to to both make there profits and pay employees. You might pay around $3 per print where youre at and thats probably standard in your area where custom ink is its probably standard to charge around $7.

Just like me i charge $7 per one color print in Chicago, IL and about 4hrs away in Springfield, IL I know of some companies that charge $5.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually i'm kinda using a more complicated design implying front and back text with a logo in the back on a hoodie, and I cannot really find this quality near my home...

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
I'm ordering hoodies from there, Custom T-Shirts, Screen Printed Apparel and Promotional Products - Design Online
And i was wondering if I could get the price down (im ordering maybe a dozen items and it gets close to 400 CND without rebate). So i was wondering if anyone had advice?
To get the pricing down, the only thing you can do is order more shirts.

If you run the numbers, you might find that you'll be paying less and getting more shirts. Try different quantity variations to see how the pricing changes. 12 pieces is a very small order, so it's going to be hard to get really low pricing on that size order.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have ordered tees from them. I found that their pricing for my quantity (150pcs) was actually cheaper than the local printer. Their service dept was very helpful and they actually shorted me a shirt and sent it to me without any questions. The print was a good quality print. I sent them the design.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm looking for a provider to do some hoodies, too.

A couple weeks ago, I found a site online that had a better selection of hoodies... including the heavyweight all cotton type.

Today when I need it, I can't find the site, I thought I had bookmarked it.

They had a nice user interface for uploading designs, and I remember reading the company info - it was founded by 3 guys from Kentucky who started it after college... from the site it looked like they had built it into a successful company and were having fun.

Anyone happen to know that company? Can't think of it at all and a google search didn't help.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts