T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am thinking of adding an Oki Pro 8432 printer to go along with the Epson F2000 that I currently have. I would like to believe everything that I read about the ability to apply to a wide array of substrates. I have searched the forum and found some really bad reviews from 2018. Has anyone has any recent success or issues with this printer? I am sure there is a learning curve as there is with anything else. What are some pros and cons from actual users, not salespeople?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello all,
I am thinking of adding an Oki Pro 8432 printer to go along with the Epson F2000 that I currently have. I would like to believe everything that I read about the ability to apply to a wide array of substrates. I have searched the forum and found some really bad reviews from 2018. Has anyone has any recent success or issues with this printer? I am sure there is a learning curve as there is with anything else. What are some pros and cons from actual users, not salespeople?
Recently purchased an Digital HeatFX pro8432T as well and still in the product testing/learning curve process as well. Here is what I can share:
  • We tried using our existing Chinese (ePhotoInc) 16x24 clamshell press and had inconsistent results. Temperatures were great, but pressure seemed to vary. Bought a Geo Knight DK20SP and prints marry and press onto substrates consistently. We had similar issues with spangle sheets and switching presses eliminated those concerns as well. Lesson learned: must have consistent temp and pressure or be prepared for headaches.
  • We are using the supplied software, Digital HeatFX Print Optimizer and doing well so far. Did some research on RIP and the Digital Factory OKI edition looked interesting. Was considering the Pro version to control multiple printers-have an OKI C610 I was considering converting to sublimation toner but went in another direction.
  • Wash testing seems promising. Washing with normal laundry loads and doing everything recommended to not do-hot water, not turning inside out, machine drying on hot. Showing some cracking after about 16 washes, but honestly no worse than most screen printed shirts after similar numbers of washing.
  • Rasterizing addresses the cracking, but it does change the appearance.
  • Hand is similar to plastisol transfers-my opinion and you can find others disagreeing with my words. Hand seems to get a bit softer after a few washes.
  • Get a T.Seal finishing sheet from the Magic Touch- world of difference in a positive way. It helps push the toner into the fibers. You can see and feel the difference. Just make sure you lower platen temperature to no higher than 300 degrees Fahrenheit as too much heat damages the sheet.
  • From what I am reading, don't go cheap on the paper. The brand name stuff is really expensive and you can find cheaper options. From what I am reading, you get what you pay for when it comes to the paper. I have not tried, but based on reviews, not anxious to do so either.
  • Additional thought on papers: some reviews from a few years ago really complained about inconsistencies and, from what I am noticing, the complaints seem to be far fewer with recent improvements in paper technology. I could be wrong on this, but that was my takeaway when reading other people's thoughts.
One more thought- if you have not done it already, ask the sales rep for samples you can press and test. It may help you make an informed decision.

Best of luck on your decision - Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.