T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Wikipedia has a nice page about screen printing on wikipedia but very little on the t-shirt side. I am thinking of doing research to make a good page entry about t-shirt screen printing and the industry, of course with links to here. Problem here is I really do not have all the knowledge I need to put everthing together and am wondering if there are any people here willing to work on such a project. I want to show poeple how simple and complex screen printing is and can be and edjucate them a bit about the process and the artform.

Currently thinking of an opening description that explains both the base indusrty with different levels of it and screen printing process overview.

A section on materials inks etc

A section on different equiptment from table top to autos and different number of color like 4 as apposed to 6 color to be able to do black shirts etc.

The art process, different art processes the software behind it, halftones and graphical teqniques to achieve affects. Color seperations and how it works.

The art how different process acheives affects such as how spot color and halftones work. CMYK , similated process and how it works, and other teqniques that make screen printing complex.

A lot on process but more on a buyer perspective as to different processes the complexity of the process and the end result so a reader can be in a shop and identify different types of shirt designs.

Costs associated with screen printing both in equiptment supplies and cost of production and how different types of shirts, inks, process and color choices affect the price of producing items.

This would be a nice page to have and a good reference for new and established screen printers in that you could tell a customer dont take my word for it but check out the wikipedia entry on it to learn more about what you are doing and getting into.

I think this would be a good move on all ends production and customer alike.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
K going to do some writing on wikipedia and need some information and pictures for screen printing. I would like to do some articles on the different screen printing processes such as CMYK, similated, discharge and on inks and such water based, plastisol etc and would like some nice artwork to put on the wikipedia entry. Pictured will have contributer credits. Also some pitcured of presses etc would be nice. I got a pm with a lot of info before but seem to have lost it so and starting from scratch again.

I really want to broden peoples perspective of t-shirt screen printing and the different processes and inks etc so they can go to a store and know more about t-shirts in general as well as have informtion avialable to people interested in the field. So far I have writen a small article on screen printing as the original writer plugged DTG and said it was taking over and replacing screen printing wich it is not and was very vaige about screen printing in general. I would also like to make a article on the t-shirt industry but will require good reading material and pictures to research it and write a informative article articles on screen printing DGT and the t-shirt industry so please contribute your links, information and pictures.

Thanks,,
Tom

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yikes its been updated kk. Now I just need processes and ink information to make a screen printing t-shirts and t-shirt industry entry page. Screen printing related to t-shirts with a lot of usefull information such as rubbery and soft feels and what inks and process are the best for softness and t-shirt as a medium information such as t-shirt suppliers and differences in the t-shirts such as advantages etc. I really want to write a nice article with a lot of good information pertaining to screen printing t-shirts.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I think the problem is that printing trends and styles seem to change with the seasons. The basic concept is more important than whats trending within the printing industry at any given moment.

You can also look up serigraphs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thinking of a basic primer for someone interested in the industry so they know what a discharge or similated print is but more so for a end consumer so he could go into a t-shirt store or buy online and have knowledge about different types or t-shirts. I have met some end users that take there t-shirts pretty serios and have a lot of knowledge on them so hoping to make that end more common online.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts