T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been doing some business as a clothing line and have locked down a nice stable of accounts. I've been thinking about getting a (cheap, I guess) 4 color station (Screen Printing Press 4 Color 1 Station). You can check it out at the link. Now my question is, would I get decent results from a station like that? I have some experience with screen printing but obviously not enough to gauge a good machine. Can anyone help me out with some advice?

·
Registered
794 Posts
It depends heavily on your designs and what effect you are going for. If you are currently outsourcing your designs, post some examples and it will be easier to tell you what equipment you will need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, I usually do 4 color vector graphics; which I guess is basic. For me, I'm mostly worried about the alignment of the color seperations. Basic example:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And if anyone has any suggestion on a machine; much appreciated. I'm mostly looking to use the machine for misc. orders that might need to be fulfilled when out of production.

·
Registered
592 Posts
That is a press Ryonet/silkscreeningsupplies sells. The press is a starter. No micros, the knobs to tighten the screens aren't so great. As a hobby it works, for business, it could work, but not so great.

If you KNOW or would like to LEARN how to screen print, that press is a cheap way to start. There is a lot more to screen printing then just pulling a squeegee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts