T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
781 Posts
Convex is the material they are most likely referring to.

We use a fair amount of it for ATV's.
It is very thick compared to your typical vinyl.
Some cheap plotters will have a real hard time cutting it.

Reactions: Ripcord

· Registered
157 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JuKIku2IYU

This is part of a series from Royal Sovereign abou the lamination process...
Thanks a lot but I have a newbie question!
If I want to laminate oracal 651 little decals (10x10cm) what I suppose to do?
What is exactly laminate?(The membrane or laminate called only the method to protect your decals?)
and also where I can find this laminate (mebrane)for oracal 651?
Last for little decals 10x10 cm do I need a machine to laminate oracal 651 or I can do it with a squeeze?
Thanks

· Registered
781 Posts
Thanks a lot but I have a newbie question!
If I want to laminate oracal 651 little decals (10x10cm) what I suppose to do?
What is exactly laminate?(The membrane or laminate called only the method to protect your decals?)
and also where I can find this laminate (mebrane)for oracal 651?
Last for little decals 10x10 cm do I need a machine to laminate oracal 651 or I can do it with a squeeze?
Thanks
Oracal Oraguard 210 is a calendared laminate that will work for what your asking...but why do you want to laminate them...laminate is not needed on standard sign vinyl (651,751, etc) it is used to extend the life of the inks printed on adhesive vinyl on a printer like a versacamm or the like. They do make clear 651 that you could use, it doesn't offer UV protection, its just clear adhesive vinyl.

If you want to protect it from scratches and that type of think then you may want to look at the convex laminate as they will take some abuse.

· Registered
781 Posts
Thanks
Sorry i forgot to answer this question...

Yes, you can do it by hand. Look into "the big squeegee" if your going to be doing a lot of it. They also have some nice size squeegees to speed up installs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.