T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experimenting for the first time with Thermoflex.
After cutting with my Roland GX24 a logo with small text, say 1/8 to 1/4 inch, I find the weeding slow.
I cut around the text, and increased my cutter strength which improved speed but still seems slow, maybe its just me.
I have a Roland PC60 which I have used for vinyl printing but have never used the wax ribbons.
Will printing with the Wax ribbons allow me to print to a transfer material and eliminate the need for weeding?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hello Chris and :welcome:.

When you refer to "weeding" being slow do you actually mean the "cutting" process is slow? Weeding is the process of removing unnecessary material after you have performed a cut.

Have you increased the speed of the GX24 to speed up the cutting process?

Regardless of what cutter (GX24, PC60) is used, you will still need to weed the material to get the excess off that you will not make use of. Hope this helps. :)

AB

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks AB,
I meant weeding as removing the unwanted material, it just seems to require more attention poking the "o"'s out of the "o"'s than when weeding sign vinyl.
Thanks again,

Chris

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
The process will speed up as you get better and faster at it. I have my teens help me do the weeding. they are younger and have better eyes than "ole dad" does. I have been using them for a few years now and they have cooked up a idea to start their own cutom vinyl cutting service (using my equipment of course). I guess this is the pay back for the cheap labor. They have approached me as their first customer. LOL ... JB

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thanks AB,
I meant weeding as removing the unwanted material, it just seems to require more attention poking the "o"'s out of the "o"'s than when weeding sign vinyl.
Thanks again,

Chris
OH OKAY! :eek:

I have not gotten zippy with my weeding either. Perhaps I will the more I practice. For some designs I've tried, I prefer to take my time because of small items like you've mentioned.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I suggest putting extra weed lines in your designs this will help you get rid on the excess and get down to the meat of the designs. .... JB

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all,
I guess the Roland PC60 doesnt really do me any advantage.
The PC60 is not "online" so it would not be worth the trouble to have another piece of equipment running.
I use a Epson 4800 Hybrid with the Roland GX24...Thats should be enough LOL.
Thanks again,

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts