T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Forum,

I have a swing away HP 5in1 press with an aiset YLE-2001 controller. My issue is a broken thermocouple wire for the platen. What I'm wondering is whether this controller needs a J-type or K-type wire.

Anyone have any info?

Thanks in advance!

Gauge Measuring instrument Fuel Gas Machine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply Bob, greatly appreciated!

On this machine, the TC is a 2 individual wires in a stainless sleeve, so no color ID. Bummer.
Font Art Gas Wood Wire

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
On this machine, the TC is a 2 individual wires in a stainless sleeve, so no color ID. Bummer.
Clearly there is color id as the red stripes indicate the negative thermocouple wire.
If the other is white, you may have a J-type thermocouple.
Use a magnet to check if the white wire is magnetic. If it is, then it is a J-type.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again Bob. I did a magnet test before I posted here. Yes, clearly there is a color trace. I suspected J-type and came here for confirmation. Thank you for your assistance.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I am using a thermocouple (TC) that has a pair of wires that are attached to the leads. I have been told that these wires should not touch each other at any time, but there is no label on the TC box indicating this. Also, I was told that if they touched, the TC would be damaged, and that it could potentially cause damage to my equipment. Could someone please tell me whether or not what I have been told about the use of this particular TC is true? Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts