T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the store of the future in the custom t-shirts biz, one will need to fill and deliver the t-shirt ready to wear next day.

But how do you do that when the delivery destination is across the country ? and still keep the customer ship cost the same as if they were local ?

example:
I ordered some materials for a project last thursday from a supplier 45 minutes away. Got it yesterday "wednesday" at 7pm by ups.

What happen there ? we are talking stock items.

I mean, if JOE can deliver the same goods for same day service for $ 8 CND.

Who will be the store of the future ?

What do you think ?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hmmm... future.

Maybe it will be easy when the time machine will be invented :D or when UPS trucks will reach light speed.

Just a thought!

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
It would work just as my supplier does it. have 8 warehouse's across the county with enough stock to supply any order. But that would take a tremendous amount of inventory at each location. for a custom tee So to prevent that you need to scale down your product to a select number and styles. It would be a huge investment.. unless.. mmmm you have the designs printed like on plastisol or can print one on your printer and ready to be placed on shirts and then you buy your shirts from a supplier that can get your product to you in a short period of time like in one day (I get one day delivery of almost any product) Oh wait.. I am already doing that.. Back from the future.. But If I have a customer in New York and I am in California and I want that customer to not wait 5 day ground or pay huge extra shipping rates.. then I call my good friend and partner in New York and tell her to do it.. I gave fast delivery, saved the customer large chuck of shipping charges and we are both happy.. Now I need a partner in every shipping zone.. OMG.. do you see what I have done here.. I created a network..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts