T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mountain Tees have some of the best shirts I've seen. This page http://www.themountain.com/clients.htm describes their printing process. They say they screenprint their shirts, but they don't use plastisol inks?

I'm confused , can someone explain this process to me. I really like their technique, and would like to learn how they make a really soft screenprint that washes great and has great detail in the printing. I hope someone can help or steer me in the right direction.

Thanks Tom.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm a rook but maybe they use waterbased inks that are thinner and probably give better detail. Maybe the detail is related to the screen holes able to be smaller due to the viscosity of the ink. They feel good when you wear them cause the print is so thin. The bad is that the print wears after a few washes.

Not sure though. I bet someone else would know though. I'm new to this industry and find this site incredibly valuable. Alot to soak in for a rook like me.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Most likely they are waterbased inks. It is screen printing, but instead of using plastisol, they use a water based ink to print the designs.

The result is a shirt with a design that has no "feel" when you run your hand over it.

You can find more info on this by searching for water based in the screen printing section of the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts